News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power steering wont work

Started by ajay716, January 06, 2014, 05:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajay716

hey guys long time no talk, im back again because when i finally got the car started in 15 degree weather...the power steering didnt work! when i parked it it did, i dont have a power steering cap(previos owner) its been very cold ever since i got the car, im wonderin if the fluid is just cold and not circulation or if water got in there and froze or if my pump is shot..like i said it was working when i parked it. thanks guys let me know what you think it could be
1973 Charger SE Brougham Numbers Matching
400 C.i.

Fred

What? you knew the cap was missing but drove it anyway.  :slap:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

It probably has moisture in it and it froze.  Let it warm up and thaw out.  Change the fluid.  Get a cap.

ajay716

i figured that....but before the steering was realllllly loose im not sure if it was supposed to be that way or what....and yes i did drive the car with the cap off but none actually leaks out and i only took it down my girlfriends long driveway and the hood was on so i dont think any debris got in there....are there any things i should look for? also, the accessory drives are loud like a bearing is going or something is that normal for a 40 year old car or should i change all the pumps? and is there anyway i can heat up the power steering line faster than just running it? thanks again guys
400 C.i.

Ghoste

ajay716

yeah of course, and the thing is i can see that its moving in there so that makes me think its not frozen but it probably is its been 5 degrees now
400 C.i.