News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So who's distributor should i buy?

Started by deepockets, January 01, 2014, 10:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepockets

After reading about the mopar dist having issues, who's should I buy?  I'm looking for an oe look (not billet or machine finish) for the 500ci rb with six pack carb. set up that I'm building. I'd assume that I would need  vacuum adv? I know the engine will have low vacuum with the 256°-260° @ .050. thanks for any imput.

b5blue

Six Pack's like/need vacuum. I'm running a Mopar "Resto" cam in mine. (P4452783) I just installed a Firecore RTR but you don't want billet so your kinda stuck building a stock unit. Don @ FBO can build and set one up for you per your engine build spec's. 

Bob T

The Accel tan top ones look stock  :shruggy: and they are reliable and made in U.S.A.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

don duick

I have a mp distributor in mine for 2 years runs great has adjustable advance, it is hooked up to a msd 6a box I also tried a msd distributor for a comparison it was no better. Used to have a mp orange box they are a piece of crap distributors are ok. What issues are you referring to regarding the distributor? or maybe you heard all the other mp ignition parts are crap.

don duick

go to performance corner there is an article on this. sorry did not realize mp is out of production

Ghoste

If you want stock looking, FBO is your best bet.  I'll probably become a Firecore user myself.

firefighter3931

Mopar Action did a writeup on distributors recently....good reading  :yesnod:

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Firecore product line. They have really done their homework and designed a top shelf piece that performs flawlessly.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs