News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel Tank Problem / Issue

Started by Remo, December 29, 2013, 03:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remo

Hey Guys,

i have an Problem with my ´68 and i really need help on this. Hope you unterstand what i mean!
I installed an new Fuel Tank and Sender Unit and i can´t fill the tank up until it´s really full. The Sender Unit Works great, but it seems like there is air trapped in the tank. When i fill her up, fuel comes up the filler neck and stays there, so i´m thinking it´s full. I get in the Car and the gauge shows full, but first shake of the car and gauge shows 3/4. I shaked the car at the gas station by hand (not that it looked really stupid and it took a real long time to fill her up :flame:), but then it was fine.

The tank has no Vent tubes, just the one at the filler neck. What could it be? How can i get rid of that air bubble?

Thanks a lot...

charger Downunder

Try filling it up a bit slower air should come out the tube as you put the fuel in some gas stations have hi flow pumps that put fuel out very quickly and fast. if the pump handle has a rubber splash back on the nozzle don,t let this seal on the fuel filler pipe as it will prevent the air from coming out. I find i have to hold the fuel nozzle a certain way to fill the tank or fuel will come back out the filler tube.
[/quote]

Remo

Thanks Charger Downunder! :2thumbs:

Would you think it would help to put an Fuel Tank in with the ECC Vent Tubes?
Would that make it easier to fill it up or would there be no difference?

Thanks again....