News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler experimental Dodge Ram PHEV pickups

Started by terrible one, December 23, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Did anyone know about these?

http://www.boston.com/cars/newsandreviews/overdrive/2011/09/mbta_gets_plug-in_ram_pickups.html

We got this LKQ door in the other day and I noticed the "electric vehicle" graphics as well as the sticker on the trim panel referencing the MBTA. So I did a search and came up with the article in the link posted above.

Info tag:

So apparently that door is from 1 of the 10 trucks for the MBTA. The article mentions that the program would last for 3 years, so it looks like this one really did get smacked vs. them ending the program and cutting them up. Thought this was interesting enough to share.

Ghoste

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

JB400

They've been doing a few of these for the last 10 years or so.  I think they are only for factory experimentation though.  Looks like they're expanding into real world experience now.

Ghoste

Paul G

It wont be much longer and all vehicles will have some sort of electric assist. Electric motors are becoming more efficient, batteries get smaller, lighter, and stronger. But the main thing is the CAFE standards keep going up forcing the auto makers to do something to increase fuel mileage across the board. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Paul G on December 25, 2013, 12:51:48 PM
It wont be much longer and all vehicles will have some sort of electric assist. Electric motors are becoming more efficient, batteries get smaller, lighter, and stronger. But the main thing is the CAFE standards keep going up forcing the auto makers to do something to increase fuel mileage across the board. 

MDS was a great side-effect of that.   Every time I think about having 400 horses AND 20MPG it makes me giddy.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Paul G

Cylinder deactivation, cam phasing, direct injection, 8 speed transmissions, all these things plus more that have not come to market yet are the result of the higher cafe standards forcing engineers to create new technology that squeezes every last drop of fuel per mile. Computerized engine management allows for more cylinder compression, while controlling ignition timing to eliminate knock. More power and better fuel economy is the result.

Just amazing how far the internal combustion engine has come over the years. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

odcics2

Progress: 8 speed trans !!

The Dodge Charger V6 now runs 0-60 in 6.6 seconds with 31 mpg highway, in rear wheel drive form — matching in acceleration the 2006 Charger Hemi.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?