News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird-vs-Daytona body dimensions?

Started by FJ5WING, December 15, 2013, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Are the two bodies close enough size wise that one cover will fit both cars?

I think the cover will fit both but Id like other opinions????

TIA,
Dave
wingless now, but still around.

A383Wing

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FJ5WING on December 15, 2013, 01:54:42 PM
Are the two bodies close enough size wise that one cover will fit both cars?

I think the cover will fit both but Id like other opinions????

TIA,
Dave

While the 2 bodies are "close" enough dimension wise for a carcover, the real question is which car cover mfg fits the best, meaning it's not tight as a drum to install, you know when you pull one end over it it keeps coming off! on the other side, or it takes to people to pull it down over the car, or it's barely adequate to cover the vehicle, I used a few different mfg's over the years, and the only one I've really liked was the Technalon 4 (YearOne.com) heavy material, soft finish inside/out, and just sits off the floor about 1"-2" around the perimeter of the car and wears very well, I have some well over a decade old...when they first came out they were around $500 , but the prices have come down to just under $300

FYI, pn#C3225K   Daytona/Bird only (Yearone.com) $291

Mike

FJ5WING

Thanks for the replies!

Mike, Im not shopping for a cover Im trying to sell one.

If you don't mind though could you relay more about the underside of the Y.O. cover you mentioned. I want as plush/soft as cover as I can find. I don't need help against the elements as itll be indoors only cover.
wingless now, but still around.