News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's with $ 1 craigslist ads

Started by ACUDANUT, December 17, 2013, 12:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Why is everyone putting $1 in their ad's ?.  I have tried to buy a few for a buck, and they tell me "yea right".  :P
I don't get it.

A383Wing

1974dodgecharger

yeah its stupid....I dont get it either and you ask them why did you put a dollar for price and they say its for a dollar, but then you give them a dollar they say NO its now more  :shruggy:

Kern Dog

Those guys that do this are assclowns. No different than idiots that tell jokes that EVERYONE has already heard, all the while they think they are being clever.

Ghoste

I wouldn't even bother calling them.  However if there were a way to turn their contact number over to some telemarketing agency, THAT might be funny.

b5blue

Some set price range values into their search parameters, this is a way to still come up in any search. They think their being clever just like the junk that comes up on eBay when you search 70 charger.....signs, watches, clocks and so on all for Chevy!  :eek2:
  If it's a good deal and more that 12 hrs old ad, it's gone. 1/2 the crap listed is just ads not marked sold.  :lol:

A383Wing

another way to look at this is the people who post and troll Craigslist are looking for a deal...you can search CL by price, that is, low to high, or high to low....most people who post there put in $1 in the price so the "low to high price search" will always show the $1 ads first, figuring their stuff will get seen more and sold first

Old Moparz

Craigslist is limited with what you can do to create an ad, especially within the title. If you're selling large number of parts, it's easier to put $1 in the price portion of the title & simply list all the parts instead of posting 100 different ads with a price for each item.

If you truly think you're going to get that really rare part you've been chasing for $1 & then become disappointed when it isn't $1, then you're going to s**t when you find out the truth about Santa.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 17, 2013, 12:43:52 AM
yeah its stupid....I dont get it either and you ask them why did you put a dollar for price and they say its for a dollar, but then you give them a dollar they say NO its now more  :shruggy:

Yep  :brickwall: