News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Bendix Disk Brake Pad Manufacturers

Started by 5hunert, December 03, 2013, 03:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5hunert

Has anyone bought brake pads lately for the 1969 disk brake setup?  I'm looking for front pads and it appears that the usual suspects (Wagner, Raybestos etc) don't have a listing.  The only ones I can find are made by someone I've never heard of, CENTRIC Part # 10200190.  Is anyone aware of a different supplier, or have experience with the Centric pads?

HeavyFuel

If you have the Bendix calipers, that C-TEK part you listed is the ticket.

At least they worked perfectly for my '68 disk brakes.   :2thumbs:

I got'em from Rock Auto.

5hunert

Thanks HeavyFuel.  Rock auto is were I found these - even my local Napa couldn't help.  I was hoping to find an organic to preserve my rotors, but I guess I'll go with what is available. 

HeavyFuel

That is a good point about the rotors......I never thought about that.   :scratchchin:

Hopefully when I get to the point of worn out rotors, there will be repos available.   Fat chance.   :'(

hemi71x

Hopefully when I get to the point of worn out rotors, there will be repos available.   Fat chance.   :'(
[/quote]

They allready are.
Do a GOOGLE search, contact, a company named Dura Brake.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

5hunert

Well, I ordered the CTEC pads from Rockauto, along with brake hoses.  Funny thing, Raybestos still makes the hoses which are real oddballs.  I can't imagine the hoses fitting any other application.

69rtse4spd

?, since they reline shoes, can they reline the rotor pads as well.

Chargen69

Quote from: HeavyFuel on December 05, 2013, 06:40:10 PM
That is a good point about the rotors......I never thought about that.   :scratchchin:

i bought new rotors and reman calipers last year for my 69, forget where i got the rotors, but i got the calipers from o'reily's

Chargen69

come to think of it, i think i choked and bought rotors from year one

5hunert

Quote from: Chargen69 on December 07, 2013, 10:07:02 AM

i bought new rotors and reman calipers last year for my 69, forget where i got the rotors, but i got the calipers from o'reily's

I got Reilly calipers as well.  How have yours worked?  They looked like new (not rebuilt).  I'm having to re-use my old cross bolts, but otherwise they look great.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on December 06, 2013, 10:27:44 PM

No need to do that in this case....the C-teks work great.

My calipers are the re-maned ones from A-1 Cardone.   I wasn't sure  how they were going to work out, bad stories out there.....but so far, so good.   :2thumbs:   I also had to use some of the original bolts and hardware from the original calipers.

hemi71x

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on December 06, 2013, 10:27:44 PM

Lots of company's can do that.
I used this company in the past, before pads became available, again.

http://www.nationalbrakeservice.com/

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

Chargen69

Quote from: 5hunert on December 07, 2013, 11:47:06 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on December 07, 2013, 10:07:02 AM

I got Reilly calipers as well.  How have yours worked?  They looked like new (not rebuilt).  I'm having to re-use my old cross bolts, but otherwise they look great.

so far so good, car has only moved a little though

Ghoste

I was lucky enough to find some NOS rotors and pads for mine before the repro stuff was available.  Pricey but I needed them bad.