News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOTICE TO ALL MOPAR OWNERS LOOKING FOR NOS PARTS

Started by glr, December 05, 2013, 06:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Someone with 11 posts pays a few dollars too much for shipping, and immediately logs in here to gripe about it?  In my internet experience, someone who is brand new complaining is really someone not new at all with an axe to grind, hiding under a new name.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Kern Dog

Quote from: ACUDANUT on December 05, 2013, 06:53:05 PM
So you want NOS part, but 12.00 is too much for shipping. Find another hobby. Just saying. :scratchchin:

This response wasn't intelligent, nor helpful. The "just sayin" certainly doesn't add anything intelligent either.

The OP has a point. We as customers often forget to ask shipping charges because we want to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt. All too often the exhorbitant mark-up on shipping charges is a sneaky way to make extra money. Who do these assclowns think that they are fooling? Twelve bucks for a small, light package in an envelope?

A383Wing

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on December 05, 2013, 11:26:53 PM
Someone with 11 posts pays a few dollars too much for shipping, and immediately logs in here to gripe about it?  In my internet experience, someone who is brand new complaining is really someone not new at all with an axe to grind, hiding under a new name.

:iagree:

Like I stated, I don't really see a problem here with the seller

and shipping & Postal prices are going up after the New Year...he should count his blessings

glr

hatersaurusrex........I am not someone who is hiding under a different name, or anything... I just wanted to make fellow mopar members a where of this company's business practices.  If you don't see anything wrong with how they do business that's fine, do as you please.

JB400

How much was the part with no shipping?

How much was the part total, shipping and handling included? :popcrn:

bull

Well, chalk it up as a learning experience and then don't ever buy from CollectorsAutoSupply.Com again. I've learned the hard way which vendors will try to screw you and which ones won't. Things go a lot better when you find a vendor you can trust. megapartsusa.com carries most of the parts you'll need and they always contact you with the actual shipping price before you are charged.

Another thing you probably learned today is that there are a lot of armchair quarterbacks here who are more than willing to tell you why it's your fault that you got overcharged for shipping, as if it's ok to screw people over because they expected fair treatment. I don't understand that sentiment.

71_Charger_R/T

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

ACUDANUT

Year one ain't much better when it comes to shipping.  Just saying.

Aero426

This same discussion also occurred on Moparts this morning.   The answer was that this particular vendor is known to have limited inventory and often buys from other sources, marks up the price and has it drop shipped.    "Strange business dealings" was another description.    Either way, I agree with the OP that if the part was shipped between two USA addresses, the shipping charge was excessive.   I don't think anyone appreciates it when vendors use shipping as a profit center.   

RECHRGD

Everything in business is looked at as a profit opportunity these days.  It's been getting worse in recent years.  As a retired business owner, I can tell you that, the costs of doing business is called overhead and was included in the cost of your service or product.  Profit was then added to your cost at a level that kept you in business while remaining competitive.  I remember years ago, getting into it with a dealership that I took my wife's car to for a 50K mile service.  They wanted to charge me $100.00 extra to turn off the "needs service" light on the dash and $12.00 for "shop supplies".  Then there was the dentist that quoted me $900.00 for a crown then added $45.00 for "sanitation supplies" (rubber gloves) to the bill.  Yes, shipping costs are a variable and are normally an extra charge, but a 400% markup is not justifyable in my book.
13.53 @ 105.32

68 RT

Quote from: glr on December 05, 2013, 07:46:47 PM
Well I am in Pa.. I shipped a pair of Satellite emblems to Washington state..which were heavier and larger than the tiny circuit  breaker that was shipped to me..and for me..the shipping to Washington state was only $4.95 and that was priority with insurance!

What year was that?Priority is 5.69 without insurance. Here's why it cost them, packing material, envelopes,boxes, someone to pack cost time and money. I agree could ship that for 1.99, but a business can't. Also did it get to you undamaged, most places over pack things so they don't get destroyed. If they had thrown it in an envelope and sent it first class and it got damaged you would be on here telling us about that. Also when they told you it was fifty did they also force you into buying it? Very confusing post. Lighten up and have fun!  :cheers:

Aero426

It really stings when you know you are getting gouged.    We have become acclimated to this happening to us so much in our lives, that we often chalk it up to part of the game and that it is "no big deal."

Priority Mail is $5.60 list price for a small flat rate box.   The packing material is free.   The pickup is free.   The tracking is free.    The old newspaper to wrap the part in is free.  

Challenger340

You guys are extremely lucky regarding shipping and freight in the U.S.A.
for example;
I am Business Owner in B.C. Canada. If I order a set of Piston Rings from from Edmonton Ab., the rings for example might be $60.....and the shipping 350 miles to me here..... will be around $75. !!! TOTAL $135. !!
However,
if I order the same Rings, from all the way down 1400 miles away in Watervliet Michigan, roughly the same $60. Cost on the Rings....however, they get delivered HERE TO MY DOOR, by the same Truck, at about $25. TOTAL $85. Freight and BROKERAGE included !

Now, where do you think I buy parts ??
As a Canadian.....I think you guys down south got it good ! 
Only wimps wear Bowties !

bull

Quote from: Aero426 on December 06, 2013, 10:57:08 AM
This same discussion also occurred on Moparts this morning.   The answer was that this particular vendor is known to have limited inventory and often buys from other sources, marks up the price and has it drop shipped.     

This is a good point. Vendors that have their own inventory are in a better position to charge actual shipping. Still, imo there's something unethical about charging 2-3 times the actual cost to ship something so small just to pad the profit margin. One thing to look for is vendors that specialize in just one make such as all Chevy or all Mopar because they usually don't drop ship. There are exceptions but normally I stick to Mopar-only vendors.

bull

Quote from: Challenger340 on December 06, 2013, 02:26:30 PM
You guys are extremely lucky regarding shipping and freight in the U.S.A.
for example;
I am Business Owner in B.C. Canada. If I order a set of Piston Rings from from Edmonton Ab., the rings for example might be $60.....and the shipping 350 miles to me here..... will be around $75. !!! TOTAL $135. !!
However,
if I order the same Rings, from all the way down 1400 miles away in Watervliet Michigan, roughly the same $60. Cost on the Rings....however, they get delivered HERE TO MY DOOR, by the same Truck, at about $25. TOTAL $85. Freight and BROKERAGE included !

Now, where do you think I buy parts ??
As a Canadian.....I think you guys down south got it good ! 

You Canadian guys should use PG Classic as much as you can. I know they don't carry engine parts (or half of what you need if you're doing a full restoration), and getting them to answer the phone is all but impossible, but if/when you need the shiny stuff they're the way to go.