News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Expert?

Started by taxspeaker, December 11, 2013, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

We just got a numbers matching 70 AAR CUda (Alpine white with black vinyl top) that matches our Alpine white Superbird. Since I never had a numbers matching car before I decided to spring to pay Galen Govier to do his stuff but his website says he is not taking any new projects now. Anybody got another expert to recommend? I don't have a build sheet but do have of course the fender tag (in place) which matches the block, tranny and body stamps.

Ghoste

What exactly do you want?  Broadcast sheet breakdown?  Authenticity of the car verified etc?

taxspeaker

Really looking for a build sheet or further info then what is on the fender tag, plus authority other than me to show numbers matching when it goes to my son

thanks
Bob

daytona71

Hi Bob
Not aware of others doing certification like Galen,hopefully he gets out from under his backlog and again accepts new clients for his service. A temporary fix would be to decode your car, (several sites have good complete breakdowns based on fender tag), and make your own broadcast sheet. A blank sheet can be purchased on Ebay(approx$20), type in the info.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

A383Wing

someone on this site might be able to help you also...maybe for a lot less money than GG will charge

http://www.forebodiesonly.com/

Ghoste

To verify the numbers matching part is fairly easy as well.  If there is no broadcast sheet, you would only be able to reproduce one with partial information as there is a great deal of information on there that does not appear on the fender tag.
There are several on this site as well who are every bit as knowledgeable as the guru and can help you out.

maxwellwedge

Where abouts are you? If you want a report from a respected person in the hobby I suggest Frank Badalson or Roger Gibson for the ultimate in authenticity/credibility.

http://www.rogergibsonautorestoration.com/

Ghoste

X2!   Excellent suggestion.

69_500

Bob how far are you from Indianapolis? If all your wanting is for someone to break down fender tag, and ID engine and trans and such I could do that.

There are a few others around the Indy area that could do the same thing too.

taxspeaker

Thanks guys

I am 120 miles due south of Indianapolis on the Ohio river. I've got the fender tag decoded, just hoping for more. I think I will try a cuple of the links you guys gave and see if I can find a build sheet first, then proceed from there

Thanks again
Bob

69_500

120 miles due south of indy is about 90 miles from me. I live south of Indy just on the west side. Once the weather is not so snowy and icy around here I should hop in the 500 and swing down. Love to see the Superbird.,

taxspeaker

Welcome whenever. PM me and I can get you the address and phone
Here is a picture of the new car in our shop-too much snow and ice for outside pics right now. matches the bird (trans out of the bird to rebuild)

Bob

Moparparts

If that is a column shift automatic White AAR with a factory rallye dash i may have some info on it i used to own a white one but don't remember if it had a broadcast sheet or not.

taxspeaker

Well we are 1/2 way there. It has a rally dash but it is a console, floor shift! Would love to find the broadcast sheet!

Thanks
Bob