News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

400-451 stroker engine

Started by Charger_500, January 03, 2014, 06:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strocker 451 ?

piston
2 (40%)
heads
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Charger_500

Hello every one :

I'm new member and i need some help,I wish to have an advice about the 451 STROKER for my 1970 charger 500 .

I'm confused what heads should i use (stealth or eddy)
What kind of flat piston will be more effective which i should use

note:
My goal is +500 hp

and from where i can get it

Thank you,

War wagon

My vote would be for the eddy heads and some diamond pistons, add TTi 2" headers and full 3" exhaust with x pipe
Lots of info on here, either head is a great choice for your goals.
Make sure to read the proven engine combo section for lots of great builds ;)
Welcome from another new member be sure to post some pics :cheers:

Ghoste

I would go the Eddy heads also.

fy469rtse

Eddy heads , yes diamond pistons, stroker crank from ? Hydraulic roller cam shaft to advantage lift and aggressive cam grinds, double roller timing chain or drive gear,

BSB67

Welcome.

This is a great place to get ideas.  I see that you are young and I'm guessing you are very new to this.  Yes?

If so, I offer this caution.  There are a lot of different ways to achieve your goal, and there can be what appears to be very conflicting information.  As an example,  You can achieve your goal with factory heads, Icon pistons, and factory cast iron exhaust manifolds.  As you can see, this is way different than what has already been recommended.  Neither is necessary right or wrong, just different, and is really a matter of personal preference.  I recommend that you get very clear on what you want in car characteristics (idle quality, cruise,  sound, rpm), car performance, and most importantly, budget.  And, as you might suspect, there is a considerable difference on how you would achieve 505 hp verses 595 hp.

In most meaningful measures, a 451 is simply a 440.  Said differently, what works performance wise in a 440, will also be representative for a 451.  Obviously rods and pistons will be different, but that is about it.  

Recently, in the Proven Engine Combo section is this thread.  It will give you some good background.  Good luck!!!!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,106687.0.html

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Ghoste

And that is likely the very best advice you could possibly get right there. :yesnod: