News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Im back!!! but not with a charger

Started by mpdlawdog, September 27, 2013, 08:12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

congratulations, any mopar is good, I'm sure most of us would love a 340 4spd e-body.  You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.

69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Lord Warlock on September 30, 2013, 10:53:10 PM
You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.
Definitely Yellow.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

Quote from: Mopar Nut on October 01, 2013, 12:22:37 AM
You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.
Definitely Yellow.

I 2nd that.
A mate of mine's 73 has a 440 and 4 speed and with the yellow and black he has added the short side stripes and blacked the front which changes it again - Go Wing as well. Goes good too, I've given it the odd shoefull, but man, what a difference from a B body in the handling dept..
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Hard Charger

congratulations, any mopar is good, I'm sure most of us would love a 340 4spd e-body.  You gotta go back to yellow though,   Here is a little something to egg you on.   It isn't an oldie, but its the right color.

2 challengers
looks like my garage but I have a new and a 72 in red.

Lord Warlock

Mines the new one on the right.  figured I wouldn't hurt to throw a pic out that included a yellow oldie as well. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

flyinlow

Welcome back  :2thumbs:

Are you going to get it on the road soon?

resq302

Welcome back!   Definitely do a thread on the progress!  After all, we love seeing any kind of mopar!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mpdlawdog

happy thanksgiving all....I havent posted in a while but before it got really cold we took the motor out of the challe...hillbilly style lol....

I actually got the engine bay primed and ready to paint...unfortunately I found out why it didnt have the fender tag on the car...it was hit in the drivers side fender and someone put a ton of body filler in where it is :rotz:...Oh well...its not a matching number car so Im not freaking out about it...

I got the motor back from the machine shop...Ill have to get a few shots...its bored .30 with hipo pistons and what not..Lunati cam...edelbrock intake and so on...should be a good runner....

plan on taking the car to my buddys shop and painting the engine bay...pulling the kframe...and rebuilding the suspension/torsion bars/ upgrading the front brakes...and so on...

It has turned into a great father father son project...thats my dad and son working on sanding it and taking the bumpers off....

still debating on the color...I know the impact yellow is rare on a 340 4 speed car but....I always wanted a blue car.  if it were a numbers matching car...i would keep it yellow..... :shruggy:

hope everybodys doing well!!  Happy Hollidays!!  and yes I really miss my charger :icon_smile_big:
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

JB400

Looks like a decent project :cheers:  I'll have to keep tabs on this one. :popcrn:

Fitz73Chrgr

Paint it blue if you want a blue car!   :2thumbs:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

polywideblock

welcome  back     :cheers:      would look great B5 blue    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Silver R/T

Love classic Challengers, great project!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1974dodgecharger

Awesome pics, father and son project great bonding time.  :2thumbs: