News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheels

Started by dodgeguydelta, July 01, 2013, 11:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeguydelta

Has anyone here bought wheels from Yearone ? I am looking at OE look like MRL178K
Not sure what size I can use. I have a 69 Charger that will be lowered 1 1/2 to 2"They offer 17x8 and 17x9.
Can anyone help me? Thanks Tom
    Yearone p/n MRL178K :Twocents: :Twocents:
Live love and play hard die laughing

twodko

Hey Tom,

Please look into Specialty Wheels. They may still offer DC.com members a discount. Avoid YearOne whenever possible. Their pricing may be competitive but the shipping prices are grand theft.
Also avoid Wheels Vintique. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

dodgeguydelta

This is a update on my 69 Charger. I got the under side painted I went with body color with a twist. The under side was sandblasted put 2 coats of DPLF Epoxy primer and 2 coats of 2K primer. It dry for 3 weeks or so and we sanded down. Tape it up ready for paint 1 coat of epoxy primer as a sealer and the twist I put 2 coats of Transtar tex coat chip guard for good guard from all the junk on the roads. Bed liner was to thick for me + it would hinds all the hard work we put in to it.

dodgeguydelta

Quote from: dodgeguydelta on November 21, 2013, 08:05:31 PM
This is a update on my 69 Charger. I got the under side painted I went with body color with a twist. The under side was sandblasted put 2 coats of DPLF Epoxy primer and 2 coats of 2K primer. It dry for 3 weeks or so and we sanded down. Tape it up ready for paint 1 coat of epoxy primer as a sealer and the twist I put 2 coats of Transtar tex coat chip guard for good guard from all the junk on the roads. Bed liner was to thick for me + it would hinds all the hard work we put in to it.

dodgeguydelta

DC_1

Are you 2 toning it? why did you mask off the lower car and only paint the roof?

Highbanked Hauler

It looks to be masked where the vinyl molding goes so with the top done you don't have to r-e-a-c-h over the fresh paint to put the next coat on the roof. Its just a little easier, I'd would probably do the same thing. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."