News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

debate on FB...

Started by Cooter, November 19, 2013, 01:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge69

What he said   (bull)   !!!!     

Cooter

Think you mighta got something lost in translation Bull.
The FIRST owner (Coach) had the ill child and he has passed. Now its time to show this current douche owner that the lie is coming to an end..
We (CCC) in the beginning didn't wanna crush the kids spirits by showing his pride and joy to be a fake and that's where I fear we made the mistake. .
Current owner has however requested 'donations' for the restoration of said car...which i think is bogus.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

draftingmonkey

Without documentation, word of mouth means nothing.  On the other and I do have a Van Gogh drying on an easel in my man cave if someone is interested in buying it  :angel:.

Cooter

I'm not to popular on FB with the sheeple of these two guys. All I'm asking for is to see the proof, yet none offer. If the cars are legit, I'll be the first to put catsup and mustard on my words...seems the one selling off his never ending supply of parts from the yard, sold some 1960 Dodge trim as 'real' movie stuff...hmmmm......
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

F8-4life

Not that this has anything to do with this thread, but I wonder what 58 fury guys think of Christine guys.

Ghoste

I would think they're great with it if anything but good question.  Cooter?

Cooter

As I've explained here in DOH threads here where folks get the inevidable neg. Comments, there the same thing happens just a different make, model, and color. If anything, it got worse than here, as there were a few in that world who thought they were 'kings' and wouldn't allow any thoughts other than thiers reign....

Same as any star car would be treated if there was a 'Bullitt', 'Vanishing Point', or 'DMCL'  real cars to have survived.

Ghoste

That surprises me a little.

dyslexic teddybear

Never been into the "movie/tv" cars all that much, so it's maybe easier to think this way..... :scratchchin:

When I see a GL......I see an orange Charger with a bit of add on stuff and some graphics. Nothing special, beyond that it is a Charger and that's special enough. It's still a Mopar, a Charger, and that's good enough for me. Same for a Christine. Still a Mopar, an old Mopar.....thus cool. If the color and/or equipment make the car special for the owners.....great. :2thumbs:

But it does NOT make it superior to anyone else's car. Nor does someone's "knowledge" of that car make them superior to anyone else.

Period.

I lost a lot of interest in the "one of one/matching numbers/ built at Tuesday at 1:38 PM" type of restoration......where 98% of the car has been replaced, and rare options were added to increase the value..... for much the same reasons.

I love Mopars. I hate the arrogance that some owners show.

JMO.......this site shows very little of that......thus a great place to hang out. :2thumbs:

[Monday morning rant over]

Ghoste

You nailed it.  A lot of what was perceived by some as me "hating" a certain car was really about not agreeing with some opinions.  Its all good though now I think.

Cooter

Well, with the "Christine" croud, you have the "Oh sh*t, Another red and white '57 Plymouth that's been converted to a '58....Why don't people paint them the original colors?" Croud too.

Thing that bugs me is anywhere else, this cat with the "real" Movie car is making huge bank on it. That pisses me off. I don't know How many times I coulda done the same thing with ANY of my cars and prolly gotten away with it, but sooner or later, Idda had to have come with some sort of proof.
in fact, I'd expect someone to call me on it.

Ghoste

Where is he showing it for the big MOney Cooter?  He isn't doing it at larger shows like Carlisle is he?

TUFCAT

Quote from: bull on November 21, 2013, 02:37:07 PM
Does the guy even have a terminally ill kid? Assuming his kid is terminal does that make it ok for dad to act like a jerk? The first thing internet blowhards seem to do is create a sympathetic, scrutiny-proof wall around themselves while they make outlandish claims or try scamming people. It's happened here on plenty of occasions. I can't ship your parts because I've been deployed to Afghanistan, or I can't refund your money because my wife had a stroke, or I can't return the NOS grill I was going to reproduce because my business partner scammed me out of my life savings, or you guys should pay for my restoration because my buddy died in a car crash, or I can't go to work because I'm depressed about losing my girlfriend, etc.

Even if the claims are true does that excuse the behavior? Not in my opinion. Somehow the rest of the people in the world are able to be honest and honor their commitments while dealing with the crap life often deals out. Why are certain people exempt from doing what's right because they whine about their problems publicly?

Once again, Bull - you've hit the nail on the head.  :iagree:

Ghoste

Only left out the occasional, I'm just a kid and really intersted in cars so if you could sell me a running restored 69 Charger RT for loike 2500 it would be so awesome.  :lol:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Cooter on November 19, 2013, 10:29:38 PM
I have nothing against clones...I DO have a problem with someone perpetrating a lie...
Especially when these cars are VERY limited on fan base. I feel I'm correct on this as this reason is why I don't try and make my clones into 'real' cars by lying...

As for the Camaro and Charger, they both are MIA..

If they are MIA then that means if I sell my '68 I'm going to advertise that there is a good chance it was in the movie & ask for more money.   :lol:

As far as the guy trying to pass off his car as the movie car & making money from it, yes, he's a d**k. The people who do this are the same ones who stand behind that, "let the buyer beware" policy of selling. The easiest way to solve this problem is for people to stop buying into things for stupid money. They let their emotions dictate what they do & in most cases get screwed.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on November 26, 2013, 08:47:51 AM
Where is he showing it for the big MOney Cooter?  He isn't doing it at larger shows like Carlisle is he?

Twice. Hotel paid, $1500.00 enclosed transport paid, all fees paid, all food free (catered), plus, this past year with the celebs, it was a pay as you take pictures with it as it sat behind a curtain. That was a running joke that still makes me laugh.
This ain't counting the shows this tool tried to snag away from under me claiming the show would rather have a real" movie car..
This past Sept. I finally got to meet Malcolm Denare ( Moochie), and my good friends Joey C.'s close friend, Chuck Zito.
This was for charity for the victims of 911. This tool tried to call the stars and get them to do a showthe same weekend offering to pay them.....
Yeah, he makes a living off a lie imo......