News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pilot bushing issues

Started by Baldwinvette77, November 10, 2013, 11:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

So... in case you didnt know i have a motorhome Big block which apparently never got holes drilled for pilot bushings, and i plan on hooking it up to a stick shift... so, the obvious choices are pull the motor apart, again, and have the crank drilled or replaced But, i remember when working with hondas... or anything japanese really, the pilot bushing is in the flywheel, and since i still need a flywheel, i was wondering if anybody have ever seen pilot bushing on a chrysler flywheel or if a flywheel could be machined/modified to accept one  :shruggy: thanks.

A383Wing

no....flywheel goes over the crank lip...it will not accept a pilot bushing....you need to have crank drilled out wider & deeper for bushing & input shaft length....or just buy a new or reground crank

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: A383Wing on November 10, 2013, 01:33:32 PM
no....flywheel goes over the crank lip...it will not accept a pilot bushing....you need to have crank drilled out wider & deeper for bushing & input shaft length....or just buy a new or reground crank

Awwwww ok then  :rotz:

John_Kunkel

There is a pilot bushing that installs in the crank register originally intended for the torque converter pilot hub but the end of the crank still needs to be drilled to clear the input shaft pilot. Instead of drilling the crank some folks just whack off the tip of the input shaft pilot.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 10, 2013, 05:28:03 PM

There is a pilot bushing that installs in the crank register originally intended for the torque converter pilot hub but the end of the crank still needs to be drilled to clear the input shaft pilot. Instead of drilling the crank some folks just whack off the tip of the input shaft pilot.

WHERE CAN I GET THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i rather cut :hack:

K so like after doing a bit of research i need a #FC69907 bearing used on 1994ish engines, i need to cut my transmission shaft .50-.75 inches

heres a bearing that should work  http://www.summitracing.com/dom/parts/tmk-fc69907/overview/

and heres a writeup http://www.t137.com/archives/wwwboard184/messages/1840852.html

posting for peoples  :2thumbs: