News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

early 70 production 440HP block on Cleveland CL--kinda cheap

Started by pettybird, October 31, 2013, 02:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

States casting date is 7/24/69, which is about a month before my cars' motors.  My build dates are mid Novembers, so an Oct car should be OK.  $350 seems reasonable?

No relation, no idea who this is.  It's a town over from me.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/4116780572.html

hemi68charger

Nice find.............. Could be a match made in "Craigslist"........... Hopefully it's a 440 4bbl "Road Runner" block.......... And if so, we all know what that means....................   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

4spdwing

I emailed asking for the vin.. I am missing my original block and my car was originally from Ohio.
440 4bbl 4spd Superbird  383 Auto Dart GTSport

Speedfreak

Quote from: 4spdwing on October 31, 2013, 06:57:07 PM
I emailed asking for the vin.. I am missing my original block and my car was originally from Ohio.

Post the info when you get it, maybe is belongs to someone here.

Beep Beep Dave

'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

daytonalo

Why not just simply re-stamp block and call it a day rather than wait a lifetime for something that was more than likely scrapped years ago ?

70Sbird

Quote from: daytonalo on November 01, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
Why not just simply re-stamp block and call it a day rather than wait a lifetime for something that was more than likely scrapped years ago ?

you have a set of the correct stamps? I don't. Someone tried to sell me "my" original block a few years ago and the stamping was terrible, both size and font were wrong. maybe I'm a little naive, but are there "correct" stamps out there? I'm not saying that I'm interested in going down that path, but if correct restamps are out there that is news to me.

Scott Faulkner

daytonalo

I'm not really acquainted with the height and font , however I know several people that have restamped brand x with custom stamps . I think they were left behind in my toolbox . 

Speedfreak

There are a few shops around that do perfect work.  They have them for all makes.  The Corvettes are especially popular for this service due to Bloomington standards.   It's a lot more common that you think because it is being done right.

69_500

There are still ways to tell if it is restamped though. Unless it was a warranty replacement block which was never stamped. But if someone tried to grind off an old stamp and do it it is possible to know that has been done.

Have seen more than a few cars over the years that have "numbers" engines or trans that are not.

62 Max

For any of you guys in the north east that may be looking for your block you may want to get in touch with Nick at Compu-Flow in Medina,OH.Was there the other day and he has a lot of 68/71 HP blocks,see attached,this is a small sample.He has been collecting them and keeping on hand for future engine builds.Everything is cleaned and bagged ready for use,this is not all !