News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

one PCV and breather....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, October 27, 2013, 02:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

I have a PCV one my passenger side and driver side is just oil filler cap.

Should I run a breather on the driver side in conjuction with the PCV valve?  I heard it helps the car 'breathe' of some sort air goes in one valve side (breather side) and expels out the other side (PCV)?

fy469rtse

Nah your good , PVC valve does the job ,
Unless you have a tired oil monster, and your getting a lot of blow by

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 27, 2013, 04:26:20 AM
Nah your good , PVC valve does the job ,
Unless you have a tired oil monster, and your getting a lot of blow by

cool, thx...motor rebuilt and put in roughly in 10'.

firefighter3931

You need a breather when running a PCV valve. It also needs to be on the opposite valvecover.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 27, 2013, 08:50:52 AM
You need a breather when running a PCV valve. It also needs to be on the opposite valvecover.  :yesnod:

Ron

damn ron, alright time to go out and buy one then...... :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

Ron

really? I find more f*ck ups the more I read on here  :brickwall: Mine are on the same side for petes sake
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on October 28, 2013, 07:56:45 AM

Ron

really? I find more f*ck ups the more I read on here  :brickwall: Mine are on the same side for petes sake

dont think its a fck up per say...I just remember some old timer telling me one on each side to breathe IN then OUT....dont know how true that is, but hey if ron saids so...well I can give it a try.

A383Wing

The PCV valve sucks air & vapors out of the engine & crank case...you have to have a way to get air back into the engine from the PCV from sucking it out. Hence the breather or oil fill cap with a way to let air back in