News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Charger Rear Turn Signal and Hazard Light Issue

Started by gibber, October 11, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibber

I am in the final stages of my 3 year plus restoration of my 67 Charger. I replaced all three wiring harness in the car as part of the resto, and now have an issue that I hope someone can help with. The left hand turn signal works as it should, all 3 tail light bulbs flash in the back. When I select the right hand signal, all 6 bulbs in the back flash! The front turn signal and fender mounted signal flash as they should for both LH and RH signals as selected.

Oh, and the 4 way hazards don't work at all, so I thought the switch might be where I start...any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

Ghoste

Dimmer switch,  I have no idea really but I had trouble with that sucker in my 67 and it caused other mysterious issues.

A383Wing

dimmer switch is for headlights only, has nothing to do with tail lights or blinkers...at least on my cars.

try unplugging the 4 way switch and see how the blinkers work. Have someone step on the brake and note what happens in back. I'm thinking either bad 4way switch of bad turn signal switch

gibber

Well, think its the 4 way. I flipped the 4 way switch up and now everything works as advertised. Maybe have the 4 way switch wired backwards...will check. Also will replace the 4 way flasher unit. Seems like all the components I didn't replace appear to be faulty, figures!

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com