News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEW SRT CUDA IS HOT, hope it looks more like this

Started by GOTWING, October 23, 2013, 01:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Baldwinvette77

Wouldn't that first mean they would have to revive plymouth?  :shruggy:

chargerboy69

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Devil on October 23, 2013, 01:57:58 PM
Not happening.  Sorry

I agree. All the speculation of a Cuda seems to be internet based. I may be wrong, but I don't believe that anyone has ever come out with a sneak peak photo of any sort of a test mule. However, if they ever do revive the Cuda name, it had better be a retro looking rwd V8 powered car, otherwise it will be a flop.

70daytonaclone

Yea let me go pick my money tree for 70 k.. Ain't gona  happen!

68X426

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 23, 2013, 02:01:10 PM

It will be branded as SRT.

SRT will soon be it's own division and brand, like Jeep and Ram. Easier to sell off the parts of Chrysler in the future.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 23, 2013, 02:01:10 PM

Dodge cuda is now the name......

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 23, 2013, 05:47:34 PM
Not happening.  Sorry

I agree. All the speculation of a Cuda seems to be internet based. I may be wrong, but I don't believe that anyone has ever come out with a sneak peak photo of any sort of a test mule. However, if they ever do revive the Cuda name, it had better be a retro looking rwd V8 powered car, otherwise it will be a flop.

I'm waiting on a hatchback to please the masses.......dodge cuda with 5 doors.

Ponch ®

Not happening.  Sorry

looks like one of those challengers that have been customized to look like 'cudas (which i personally don't get). Itd be kinda pointless.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Cuda' name didn't pass the sniff test and is now dead.

There is a next generation Challenger going to be probably produced on the new Alfa platform.

Fred

Even with grill and spoiler it still looks too much like the Challenger to me.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

ws23rt

Quote from: Fred on October 23, 2013, 08:01:07 PM

I agree---They need to do more work on the body lines to separate the two.   A distinctive (but cuda) look is needed.
Like new cars were---A quick glimpse of part of the car told what it was.  A shaker hood might help :shruggy:

Fred

Quote from: ws23rt on October 23, 2013, 08:15:38 PM
Quote from: Fred on October 23, 2013, 08:01:07 PM

I agree---They need to do more work on the body lines to separate the two.   A distinctive (but cuda) look is needed.
Like new cars were---A quick glimpse of part of the car told what it was.  A shaker hood might help :shruggy:

A shaker hood would be a great improvement.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Dino

Better, but still has flanks too much like the Chally which really turned my off. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

SRT-440

Show me a better "retro" muscle car being made today that's better than the Challenger. I heard on one of the various Mopar/SRT sites that the Cuda isn't happening...and the "Avenger" will be made with the "Hellcat" engine...but who really knows.  :shruggy:
From what is known right now the 2015+ Mustangs and Camaros will be leaning towards an all new design other than retro. :D

I was hoping the Cuda would actually look like a 70 Cuda, but not weigh a ton like the Challengers.  
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

NYCMille

For this car to work SRT has to do the following things:

- it MUST have more power, at least 500hp
- be able to not only compete with, but FAR surpass the performance of the current Mustang GT track pack and the Camaro 1LE.
- Be MUCH smaller and the lighter than the current chubb-chubb Challenger SRT

Chrysler is ALWAYS late to the game. They show up a day late and a dollar short. My hope is the really knock this out of the park because if they don't, the enthusiast community will simply walk away. They also have to start catering more to the aftermarket as right they off almost zero in the way of support.

myk

Quote from: SRT-440 on October 24, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
Show me a better "retro" muscle car being made today that's better than the Challenger.  

Mustang GT 5.0.  The car is arguably the best looking and is the undoubtedly the best performer out of the "Big 3" modern day pony car war.  Challenger is a beautiful cruiser, but IMO the 5.0 shakes up the street scene not unlike the LS1 F bodies did back in the 90's.  Looks, power, handling, and a cute little pony in the grill; Dodge has already lost this round and they will have to work hard at the next Challenger to match the 5.0, let alone beat it...

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: myk on October 24, 2013, 12:52:10 PM

Mustang GT 5.0.  The car is arguably the best looking and is the undoubtedly the best performer out of the "Big 3" modern day pony car war.  Challenger is a beautiful cruiser, but IMO the 5.0 shakes up the street scene not unlike the LS1 F bodies did back in the 90's.  Looks, power, handling, and a cute little pony in the grill; Dodge has already lost this round and they will have to work hard at the next Challenger to match the 5.0, let alone beat it...

I've got a woody for one of these.....