News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please Post Your A4 Silver Chargers

Started by twenty mike mike, October 03, 2013, 10:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

Or even Coronets.   ;)

My car was originally A4 silver, but has been repainted twice in different silver and gray. I got some spray cans from TCP Global and I've been doing some spot painting in the engine compartment and the trunk gutters. The paint has a a green tone, which surprised me, and I figured TCP must have mixed the paint wrong. Until I removed the gas cap...the paint matches perfectly.

I'd like to see how the whole car looks in the original paint color. I saw this post, but hopefully there are better pics. The one Bronzy posted doesn't look like it's really A4. Maybe it's just the lighting.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,28902.0.html

Anyone have one?

stripedelete

We shot an A4 test panel when choosing paint my 69.  I rejected it because of the green.   It wasn't just me, everyone saw it.

I'm not sure what you will get from pictures.  I went with A1(aa1?) - 1968 silver.  It sometimes photographs more "Pewter" than a my Chevy truck.  But, in person there is no sign of it.    

Good luck.      

twenty mike mike

Quote from: stripedelete on October 03, 2013, 10:24:15 AM
We shot an A4 test panel when choosing paint my 69.  I rejected it because of the green.   It wasn't just me, everyone saw it.

I'm not sure what you will get from pictures.  I went with A1(aa1?) - 1968 silver.  It sometimes photographs more "Pewter" than a my Chevy truck.  But, in person there is no sign of it.    

Good luck.      

I'm on the fence regarding whether to go with the stock color or go to a brighter silver. If I can see the whole car in that color it'll help me decide. Who knows, I might even like it.

Dino

I like everything about that color but the green.  You can go to any decent body shop and ask the painter to look up the formula for A4.  The green can be removed or replaced, depending on what you're after.  In this case, there's likely blue and yellow so I'd start with removing the yellow as I think a blue sheen would be real nice win this silver.  I've done it many times.  The painter can also take paint chips and find a match that does not have the green sheen to it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

stripedelete

Quote from: twenty mike mike on October 03, 2013, 10:56:03 AM
Quote from: stripedelete on October 03, 2013, 10:24:15 AM

Good luck.      

I'm on the fence regarding whether to go with the stock color or go to a brighter silver. If I can see the whole car in that color it'll help me decide. Who knows, I might even like it.

Agreed.  Imo, it's the toughest part of the resto.  To clarify my previous post,  pictures can be very deceiving. 
Consider finding a member with A4 within a few hundred miles and make a field trip out of it. 

Stripping the green out would work.  If you like it, bump it up against the paint companies database.  Something very close probably exists.   It will be an easier match down the road. 

twenty mike mike

Good idea, Dino, thanks.

Speaking of pictures, stripedelete, I ran my search again, using the same search terms, and many more results turned up with more pics. Some of those didn't look too bad, but I'm not totally convinced.