News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help! My M10 is up for Mopar Top Eliminator 2013

Started by TexasStroker, October 09, 2013, 04:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasStroker

I am not too big on Facebook, so I can't really promo myself too well there...That said, the folks at Mopar have selected my Mopar 10 as a Finalist for the Mopar Top Eliminator this year!

I was signing in just to post up about our Friday night plans prior to Chryslers in the Canyon V and went over to the Mopar page and was shocked to see the M10!

I am "Vehicle #5" and the picture on the main contest photo is one that I took last year after Chryslers in the Canyon IV  8-)

I've seen several people complain about "No Chargers," but if you look at the 3rd Pic of mine (Engine Bay Shot) that streak of HEMI Orange to the Left is a 69 Charger...Win-Win, right?  :D

https://www.facebook.com/mopar?v=app_1384747988429043&app_data=gaReferrerOverride%3D

If anyone from this site shows up at CIC V I will lead you to this location after the show, climb the loose rock behind the overlook and take pics of your Charger in the same spot.  Please vote and help spread the word!

Thanks in advance!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

bill440rt

Hey, CONGRATS!!!!  :cheers:

Is there a way to vote other than Facebook?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TexasStroker

Thanks!  I had wondered if that was you in the pic, but didn't know the full name etc...Congrats as well on your end!

Sadly, I think you have to signed in to facebook to vote.  I'm younger, but have never been a fan of the site...I literally have 30 or so people I can potentially try to vote for me...They should given all the funky invites/requests I've gotten from them, lol.

Would be cool to have 2 of the Top Eliminators stem from DC.com  :2thumbs:
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

A bit of good news...

A friend told me he has been able to vote the last two days from the link, without being logged in to facebook!  I have tried not being signed in and it makes me log in before it will accept the vote.  That said, it is worth a shot for those not on facebook in case it works!

Thanks again for any help!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

Few more days left to vote...Please help out if you can, I would greatly appreciate it!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 16, 2013, 01:53:26 AM
copy that....will do  :cheers:

Thanks!  Need all the help I can get...I only use Facebook for managing pages...Friend list is somewhere around 25-30ish.  Just 2 more days to vote!  Any support is appreciated!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

Last day to vote!  Contest closes at 11:59 PM.  Again I have had a few tell me they voted without facebook.

I can't thank everyone enough.  This is my M10, not the 69 Charger and yet I have once again had more support from DC.com than other sites.  Says a lot about the members here...I have something very cool coming that I will post here before anywhere else..no contest, no car show pics, just something that I said I would work on and saw it to fruition...It'll be a big hit for some in the hobby.  More to come on that one later though!

Once again,thanks for the support...I'm Vehcile #5 and you can vote via this link: http://a.pgtb.me/FfxH6P
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ws23rt

Same here--I have never logged in to face book because of the hoops they require.  I think I am better off with out it :Twocents:

I may be missing some cool stuff but there is not a lack of that everywhere I turn.

TexasStroker

Thought that counts...I really do appreciate it.

I do wish it was open up past facebook though...I was in college when facebook started to take off...That was the golden era of Myspace...I met so many great people on Myspace.  There is a political backstory there I won't go into, but before it became "popular" it really was cool.  You'd see a cute girl's profile, send a message about class, and build a friendship...Met lots of Mopar ple as well.  We are talking a 2 year window or so of good times.  It has all been downhill since early 08 or so.

I honestly despise facebook, but have an account I created back in 06 to see pics my friend in Ohio posted from Carlisle and Columbus every year, haha.  I rarely added anyone and in all honesty, I only have it now to manage the AAM, LSM, and M10 Pages.  Why do I have those pages?  An increasing percent of people don't read e-mails/newsletters and claim forums are too complicated.  7 years and I think I have 20 or 30 something on my "friends list."

I also missed the first day of voting because I didn't know I was a finalist, lol.  We will see how it turns out...but again, even if you can't vote, I do appreciate the effort.  We will see how it goes...if nothing else I got the plug in for the site and Bill won an in person Top Eliminator  ;D
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

TexasStroker

Wow...

I don't know how it happened, but somehow the M10 pulled out the win!

I got an e-mail right before 3 PM that said I had won and there wasn't anything up on Twitter, so I checked facebook and saw no updates there.  I actually didn't tell anyone because I was afraid they might have sent out the congrats to the wrong entrant etc.  I went on break to mail insurance for the Charger off and when leaving my sister called and asked if I had seen their post  :icon_smile_big:

This is a huge honor and I sincerely appreciate anyone that helped make it happen.  I think a lot of folks just go by the pics, so more credit prob goes to the car than me, haha.  I checked earlier and I actually have 32 friends on facebook, 31 if you remove a friend's dog who has a profile...I definitely relate to those of you that would have voted and couldn't due to not being members there, but as I stated last night, I appreciated the effort...

I didn't expect to be posting a "thanks for helping Destiny win," but rather a "thanks for trying to help."  As is, I can't not complain and am both excited and humbled.

Bill represented DC.com the best, but I still say it is pretty cool to have 2 members from this forum come out with Top Eliminators this year.  The Charger was my first car and still deserves the credit for getting me into cars and making me stay that way.  I've got a lot planned for the 69 and am looking forward to getting some of it started this winter!  I have no way of knowing who voted, or told others to, but if you had a hand in helping it happen I sincerely appreciate it.  As always, if any of you are coming thru Amarillo let me know and we will get some cars out for you.

Thanks again!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TexasStroker

www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

bill440rt

:woohoo: :woohoo:  CONGRATS!!!!!!!!   :woohoo: :woohoo:

That is AWESOME news!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Be ready for the experience of a lifetime. I'm still pinching myself to remind me that it really did happen. It was totally mind blowing.
You're going to meet some wonderful people from Mopar. Prepare to have fun!!  :2thumbs:

TexasStroker

Quote from: bill440rt on October 19, 2013, 07:47:44 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo:  CONGRATS!!!!!!!!   :woohoo: :woohoo:

That is AWESOME news!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Be ready for the experience of a lifetime. I'm still pinching myself to remind me that it really did happen. It was totally mind blowing.
You're going to meet some wonderful people from Mopar. Prepare to have fun!!  :2thumbs:

Awesome!  I can work with that!  People have kept asking "what do you win?" and in all honestly I don't know, but I am content and ecstatic just with the title.  I don't think the "Online" Top Eliminator gets shipped to SEMA, so you'll have to enjoy that one for me...I will have a product out there that was about 2-3 years in the making...I pitched the idea and finally found someone that agreed it was a good, lol.  They really did a great job on it and I think it will benefit both their company AND the hobby.  I was to have a prototype to show everyone by now, but I'm pretty sure it'll be out there.  I will see if they'll let me post it early here or not.

Again, a big thanks to anyone that helped out!

www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

bill440rt

I didn't get to go to SEMA, Mopar brought my car to the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit this past August.
Being content and ecstatic with "just" the title is something I can relate to. Yes, of course the trophy is cool. But having Mopar recognize you for your enthusiasm, dedication, efforts & hard work was the greatest feeling of the whole journey. There will be lots if things coming your way, so it'll be a great experience.

I've never been to SEMA, so your "new product" sounds intriguing. Fill us in when you are able to.  :yesnod:
Repro Charger grilles, perhaps?  :scratchchin:   :lol: :icon_smile_wink:

TexasStroker

Ah, I see...Still very cool.

Like you said, I am more than content with just the title.  I know I am out here in the "middle of nowhere" but this is way more than just a hobby to me...I trail down cars, push Chryslers in the Canyon, try to get people involved with AAM and the club etc.  Online I'm always looking for more M10s for the registry.  I am still backlogged on tech features and event coverage on LSM. 

Believe it or not, I still keep trying on the grilles.  I've emailed 2 plastic places the last 6 weeks.  I rarely get replies, sometimes ple take the time to blow you off in an email etc, but I keep trying.  Eventually it will happen...Kind of like this new piece :D  I'll post up on it shortly!

But again, the big draw for me is just like it was for you...being recognized for the dedication to the craft.  I've put a lot of time into it and do my best to get others involved.  It is very cool for that to be noticed from the top!

I've had the weekend, but it still hasn't sunk in...Again, big thanks to anyone that helped out!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

charge69

Congratulations to you and your dedication to the craft. I am a member of facebook but, like you, I don't like the intrusive BS that facebook uses to increase their digital footprint and your M10 is the only vehicle I have voted for due to facebook's handling of the voting.

Sometimes, I am sure, you feel like all the work you put into the craft goes unappreciated but, rest assured, I and many others really appreciate your hard work and dedication. Keep it up and, again, congratulations on your winning M10.

TexasStroker

Thanks!  I appreciate it!  This really is a cool honor and I appreciate anyone who took the time to vote!  I've got a lot of cool stuff for LSM coming, just been overloaded here lately.

If not for the AAM, LSM, and M10 Pages I honestly wouldn't be on there at all.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow this is very cool!  2 DC.com members are Top Dawgs in Mopar's eyes! 

:cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TexasStroker

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 23, 2013, 06:08:35 PM
Wow this is very cool!  2 DC.com members are Top Dawgs in Mopar's eyes! 

:cheers:

Yep!  If anyone actually read the background story I got a plug in for DodgeCharger.com  :yesnod:  The late model Challenger sites really are bad...all about ad revenue and selling pointless features to members...it really was a big reason for starting Lone Star Mopars.  I get most late model tech help from LX, and there is another late model forum that basically sprung up because of folks getting tired of "the big two" that is pretty good as well...more of a race crowd.

For those of you that are strictly Dodge Charger people, or don't frequent/explore other forums, this truly is the best...We're all lucky to have it at our disposal.  Case in point, I got more support here from DC.com for a late model Challenger than I did from other "general" Mopar forums.  Says a lot for the people here.

Similarly, if that feature shot of the M10 has anyone thinking there Charger would look good with that backdrop it was taken in the canyon where I've pushed to have a stand alone Dodge Charger GTG...just sayin'  :icon_smile_big:  Thanks again for all the help!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!