News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It had to be this day...

Started by myk, September 14, 2013, 01:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myk

Why is it that I can daily drive my Charger for almost two weeks, going to mundane places like Wal*Mart, 7-11, job interviews and even the Good Will with no issues, but when one of the biggest cruise nights in San Diego is taking place I can't get the car to start?  After an hour of poring over the electrical system I figured out that it would start in Neutral but not Park; obviously I'll be taking the trip back to the guys that rewired the car.  Anyway I ran into a few other Mopars which is rare for the Cruisin' Grand aka Mustang, Camaro and Cobra kit car event in Escondido CA.  

There was also a white Superbird, a nasty sounding 68(?) Dart and a 3rd 'Gen Charger done up as a 'Petty car, but they left as soon as I pulled in.  Being an attention whore, I was hoping I could add to the Mopar excitement but all I got was a leaning text'er on my front end... ::)

Fred

Maybe she just didn't want to go.  "She's" can be very temperamental you know.  :icon_smile_big:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Fred on September 14, 2013, 01:11:32 AM
Maybe she just didn't want to go.  "She's" can be very temperamental you know.  :icon_smile_big:
"She's" knew someone would be a text'er on her front end...
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bob T

Ah well, you get one for the Chicks & Chargers thread Myk   :shruggy:

Yeah, I'd be wild if some Moron teen txtr was leaning on my car too!

! Unlucky for the non start event, we went out on a club run last night and suddenly my dash lights and rear tail lights went out, it blew 3 fuses and then cleared, weird, I think the rheostat dimmer is shot as I got the fuse to hold after moving the thumbwheel. Old car wiring eh  :D
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Dino

Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the mundane trips a whole lot more than sitting in a parking lot.   :icon_smile_big:

Nice rides there.    :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I hope ya know that text'er......I dont care how good they look...get off my hood!  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70 sublime

I bet the car would not start in park because your linkage is not going going far enough into park to make the switch work in park
Just have to adjust it a little longer
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

myk

Quote from: Bob T on September 14, 2013, 05:14:41 AM
Ah well, you get one for the Chicks & Chargers thread Myk   :shruggy:

Yeah, I'd be wild if some Moron teen txtr was leaning on my car too!

! Unlucky for the non start event, we went out on a club run last night and suddenly my dash lights and rear tail lights went out, it blew 3 fuses and then cleared, weird, I think the rheostat dimmer is shot as I got the fuse to hold after moving the thumbwheel. Old car wiring eh  :D

Man that sucks.  Glad you got it sorted out though.  It sounds absolutely preposterous but you know what, I think these things really ARE tempermental.

Quote from: Dino on September 14, 2013, 07:10:51 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the mundane trips a whole lot more than sitting in a parking lot.   :icon_smile_big:

Nice rides there.    :yesnod:

I get what you mean.  I would've gotten a much better parking spot but because of the no-start issue I got to the event about an hour and a half late.  I tried cruising Grand Avenue to at least get that in, but it was bumper to bumper/crawling and the car started to heat up so I had to park it.  

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 14, 2013, 07:44:34 AM
I bet the car would not start in park because your linkage is not going going far enough into park to make the switch work in park
Just have to adjust it a little longer

Great idea man, thank you.  I will look into that as it just might save me a trip back to the dry dock...

69charger2002

i would put the car in park and wiggle the shifter to really catch park. You either have a linkage issue or a neutral safety switch problem. Either way they are cheap easy fixes.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Fred

Quote from: Dino on September 14, 2013, 07:10:51 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy the mundane trips a whole lot more than sitting in a parking lot.   :icon_smile_big:

I'm with you there.   :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

KS71owner

Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 14, 2013, 12:58:49 PM
i would put the car in park and wiggle the shifter to really catch park. You either have a linkage issue or a neutral safety switch problem. Either way they are cheap easy fixes.

:iagree: I had the same problem with my '71 after my transmission was rebuilt. Replaced the switch and all was good.