News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Car Prospector "Residential Roundup" airing Sept 20th on Velocity

Started by Mopar Nut, September 11, 2013, 09:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Nut

American Car Prospector "Residential Roundup" airing Sept 20th on Velocity shows a 68 Charger.

American Car Prospector premieres this Friday Sept 13th on Velocity.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

41husk

what is the format for the show.  resto- resale ie Fast and loud?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mopar Nut

Here's what I got from the net. First showing starts this Friday.

"AMERICAN CAR PROSPECTOR AIRS FRIDAYS ON VELOCITY BY DISCOVERY

The American Car Prospector

Follow John Hames as he travels across America on a personal journey to uncover some of the world's great cars. Hames' knowledge and expertise is surpassed only by his ability to sniff out and unearth hidden treasures, some of which have been locked away for years. The series is not just about cars, it's a journey that uncovers the stories behind the cars and that shares the passion behind the people."

http://chiptaylor.com/american_car_prospector.html
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mopar Nut

American Car Prospector "Residential Roundup" airing Sept 20th on Velocity shows a 68 Charger.

American Car Prospector premieres this Friday Sept 13th on Velocity.

"AMERICAN CAR PROSPECTOR AIRS FRIDAYS ON VELOCITY BY DISCOVERY

The American Car Prospector

Follow John Hames as he travels across America on a personal journey to uncover some of the world's great cars. Hames' knowledge and expertise is surpassed only by his ability to sniff out and unearth hidden treasures, some of which have been locked away for years. The series is not just about cars, it's a journey that uncovers the stories behind the cars and that shares the passion behind the people."

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bakerhillpins

Sounds like it's a rehash of Chasing Classic Cars.    That being said I have it set to DVR.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TheAutoArchaeologist

There was another show called "What's in the Barn" with Dale Walksler.

http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/whats-in-the-barn

Good fun show.  Less Chasing Classic Cars, more American Pickers.

StoneCold

Episode 1

http://vimeo.com/64130456

Looks to be a mix of older, newer and anything in between.
Doubtful it will be about barn finds...as some might have hoped and others will be thankful for  ;D
No doubt all scripted and prepared.

They mention going to look at a "Pontiac" 442   ::)  Later corrected to "Olds".  Oh well...can't expect everyone part of the show to be a car person....haha.

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: StoneCold on September 11, 2013, 05:08:00 PM
Episode 1

http://vimeo.com/64130456

Looks to be a mix of older, newer and anything in between.
Doubtful it will be about barn finds...as some might have hoped and others will be thankful for  ;D
No doubt all scripted and prepared.

They mention going to look at a "Pontiac" 442   ::)  Later corrected to "Olds".  Oh well...can't expect everyone part of the show to be a car person....haha.

I tried the link, but I have no account.  Is there a password so we can watch the video?

nvrbdn

seen the first episode. not too bad. the guy hunts for cars to flip.  i will watch again to see how it goes from here.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

bakerhillpins

Quote from: nvrbdn on September 14, 2013, 06:43:30 PM
seen the first episode. not too bad. the guy hunts for cars to flip.  i will watch again to see how it goes from here.

Seems a bit to staged and the Ace of spades thing is ridiculous.  :loser:   at least with CCC it seems a bit more natural..  Ill give it a few more episodes before I bail or not.   :icon_smile_big:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.