News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird on Muscle Cars

Started by taxspeaker, February 28, 2013, 07:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

At the Louisville car show Muscle Cars interviewed us about our Superbird and Charger and my buddy Mike about his numbers-matching, original owner AAR Cuda. They said it will be on in July or August, 2013 on a Mopar special Muscle Cars. Nice guys, know their Mopars, and put me on the spot (don't know if it will make the show)-I was standing there next to about 30 show cars and he asked out of everything in the show what would I want the most-answer the Superbird! My wife said it confirmed what she had known for 40 years that I was an idiot, but what the heck. it is true.

As always, thanks to this board for all the advice, both asked for and searched for, to get this car back to driving condition in the last 3 years. I think what got Muscle Car the most was when we told them we drove the Bird and the Hemi Charger to the show and back from Indiana. It's certainly not the finest bird in the country, or even close, but it is what I have dreamed about since 1970. It also gets more attention than the show car next to us that won best in show-they asked for us to not be near them next year. It might have been the corn dog with chili cheese that did that though, or the 2 bikinis next to us that I swear I never looked at. not once.

Dave Kanofsky

Congrats!  Let us know if you get details when it will be on.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

WINGIN IT

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 01, 2013, 01:02:17 PM
Congrats!  Let us know if you get details when it will be on.

What he said  :icon_smile_big: and love the avatar by the way  :2thumbs:

taxspeaker

On today's episode at the end-you can see it in the background of the car show intro and at the end of the show it fades out with the Superbird wing. Also a great interview with my buddy Mike and his 70 AAR Cuda. And by the way I did not sell the Superbird-I had it on Ebay 6 weeks ago prior to some serious medical stuff which we think is ok now, mind is now clear and car is not for sale. My son convinced me to pull it off EBay, thank goodness. I guess he assumes when I do kick the bucket he gets it!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: taxspeaker on September 08, 2013, 12:49:33 PM
On today's episode at the end-you can see it in the background of the car show intro and at the end of the show it fades out with the Superbird wing. Also a great interview with my buddy Mike and his 70 AAR Cuda. And by the way I did not sell the Superbird-I had it on Ebay 6 weeks ago prior to some serious medical stuff which we think is ok now, mind is now clear and car is not for sale. My son convinced me to pull it off EBay, thank goodness. I guess he assumes when I do kick the bucket he gets it!

Glad your ok....  Enjoy the car!!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: taxspeaker on February 28, 2013, 07:05:43 PM
It also gets more attention than the show car next to us that won best in show-they asked for us to not be near them next year.

I would make it a MISSION to park next to them next year........

Quote from: taxspeaker on September 08, 2013, 12:49:33 PM
,,, mind is now clear and car is not for sale. My son convinced me to pull it off EBay, thank goodness. I guess he assumes when I do kick the bucket he gets it!

A Men Brother !!!  Glad you're ok and glad you are going to enjoy that wing some more........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

myaerocars

Glad you are doing better. :cheers:
  I agree about driving it whenever you can... you never know when you will have your final ride.  This last week I have driven my Clone almost everyday as the daily driver is down for repairs.  Even with the heat, so far no problems.  Well, except for the premium gas price. :eek2:

Godspeed,
JON