News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trac lock

Started by fy469rtse, September 03, 2013, 07:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fy469rtse

Can you buy 8 3/4 traclock centre, I think it was made by Yukon , good second hand units have dried up,
Does any one know where to source

Chryco Psycho

I would look at the Eaton Tru Trac

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

firefighter3931

Quote from: fy469rtse on September 03, 2013, 07:43:01 AM
Can you buy 8 3/4 traclock centre, I think it was made by Yukon , good second hand units have dried up,

You planning to race the car with sticky tires ? If so, it's Dana time  ;)

The 8 3/4 won't last long behind a stroker that hooks  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

metallicareload99

Quote from: elacruze on September 03, 2013, 10:23:50 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 03, 2013, 07:56:03 AM
I would look at the Eaton Tru Trac
\\

+1

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 03, 2013, 11:27:18 AM
Quote from: fy469rtse on September 03, 2013, 07:43:01 AM

You planning to race the car with sticky tires ? If so, it's Dana time  ;)

The 8 3/4 won't last long behind a stroker that hooks  :P

Ron

1 + 1

:drive:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

chargerbr549

fy469rtse

Thanks Ron, yes going to race mine very occassionally , very few race tracks left over here and too far to travel to, trac lock , housing braced, this is for a friends charger , warm 440 , hoping I don't hurt it or it will end up with a Dana, also thanks guys for the help

firefighter3931

Quote from: fy469rtse on September 04, 2013, 05:55:23 AM
Thanks Ron, yes going to race mine very occassionally , very few race tracks left over here and too far to travel to, trac lock , housing braced, this is for a friends charger , warm 440 , hoping I don't hurt it or it will end up with a Dana, also thanks guys for the help

So if this question pertains to your buddy's charger with a "warmed" 440 then the tru-trac will work fine.  :yesnod: The tru-trac is not recommended for high horsepower & racing.  ;)

If you're planning to keep the 8.75 in your car behind the stroker I would recommend a detroit locker with aftermarket axles and a back brace....at a minimum.  :2thumbs:

Fwiw I installed the Detroit locker in my Dana with 35 spline Strange axles and it drives perfectly fine on the street....no weird noises or ratcheting around corners etc...

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

fy469rtse

I hope your wrong Ron, and I don't break this, been a good rear end so far, the 68 and a previous 69 had  83/4's , I gave them a good workout, weak link was always the auto's and blown a few up violently,  I think we are similar, people can't believe that I drive my cars like I do, best part we have access to dana's here, the rams are very popular in the mining industry,