News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD trunk extention

Started by Ryan.C, August 27, 2013, 09:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

So my '69 needs a trunk floor and trunk floor extentions. I want to install an AMD 2-piece floor and install trunk floor extentions while im in there, on the account of mine are a bit soft with pin holes here and there.

It seems that AMD does not sell 68-70 charger trunk extentions. the extention drop off seems to be the only available part.

Does anyone know if this is acurate, or know where I may find these parts?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

charger_fan_4ever

I think its just the wording. Drop offs/truck extensions same thing.

I bought a pair 2 years ago.

If your cutting enough metal to fit a 1 piece trunk floor do it. The 1 piece floor was the best fitting AMD part i used(and i have the whole back 1/2 including rood skin.

Ryan.C

I just got off the phone with AMD and it is just a difference in wording. I wanted to be sure before I droped $600.00 in sheet metal.
Im only cutting the trunk pan out everything else is rock solid. I love California cars.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Lord Warlock

can you get a 1 piece trunk floor in through the trunk lid? or do you have o take the whole rear tail light section off to slide it in? Since I don't plan on cutting the sides of mine off, coming up from below doesn't make sense to me.  With mine only the center section is rusted, and the only real hole is where it turns up  near the rear seat back.  In my searching I found center replacement panels only in large kits that had pieces i didn't need or want, i haven't seen just the center for sale by itself.  I figure I'll probably buy a whole 1 piece floor and cut the sides off before welding it in.  I don't think i'd like a seam running right down the middle by using a two piece, even if it does get hidden by a rubber mat.  

Anyone know who may sell just the center section from the tail lights to the back seatback?
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

richRTSE

Quotecan you get a 1 piece trunk floor in through the trunk lid? or do you have o take the whole rear tail light section off to slide it in?

you can't get it in through the trunk opening, but if you have to replace the rear valance you can get it in through there with the valance removed WITHOUT removing the taillight panel...  :Twocents:

also, I don't think I've ever seen just the center trunk floor section for a charger, just the 1-piece or the 2 halves...??  Do you remember who the vendor was?

Lord Warlock

Unfortunately i lost the link when i upgraded my pc last year,  I found it after alot of searching and scrolling.  It just surprised me when i found it and then couldn't find it available by itself,  the kit was probably 5 or 6 pieces for someone doing a large amount of body panel replacements.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

elitecustombody

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on August 28, 2013, 09:38:32 AM
I think its just the wording. Drop offs/truck extensions same thing.

I bought a pair 2 years ago.

Yep.

I can get you just about a whole Charger in pieces from AMD.I've sold plenty of them

AMD-Auto Metal Direct  Distributor, email me for all your shetmetal needs

Stefan