News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

man, why do i want this car? survivor, with alot of patina !

Started by GOTWING, August 26, 2013, 01:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceyone

Me too, in fact I'll be about a half hour drive from it tomorrow.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Aero426

Quote from: Iceyone on August 26, 2013, 09:50:27 PM
So I'm only pointing out that for the price of this "survivor" car which isn't in that good of shape you could buy something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-DODGE-CHALLENGER-R-T-HEMI-POWER-HEATED-LEATHER-KEYLESS-1-OWNER-KCHYDODGE-/310727295348?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4858ca4174

A person could buy any number of late model performance cars that might be more rewarding to drive than an old E-body.   The late model Challenger is a great car that I would enjoy owning.   But it is also not the genuine article.   They are two very different cars.     

JB400

The way I look at it, you either buy character, or you buy convenience.  This Challenger has character, the newer one convenience. Some cars have both, but cost a fortune, while others have none.

Iceyone

That they are. But I'm still curious why the price of this particular car is reaching insane? Did I miss something about it?  I just saw a better Mopar go for $9500, a more resonable price. Really the only problem I have about this particular car is the price.
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

JB400

Quote from: Iceyone on August 26, 2013, 10:36:18 PM
That they are. But I'm still curious why the price of this particular car is reaching insane? Did I miss something about it?  I just saw a better Mopar go for $9500, a more resonable price. Really the only problem I have about this particular car is the price.
Enough people want it.

ACUDANUT

Cool project. It will need a full restoration. $$$$
BTW, I thought only the 70 Challengers (with a small block)  had a V8 emblem on the fender. :shruggy:
Whoever buys it, please pick a better color.

Iceyone

Change the color and sell me the seats. I need them for my Super Bee.  :angel:
68 Charger
70 Super Bee
11 SRT8 Challenger
30 Chevy Universal

Alaskan_TA

Quotea V8 emblem on the fender

Found on the V-8 two barrel cars, 383 included.

The VON starts with a Q, so this was either a Y22 (Chrysler executive lease car) or Y28 (Public relations car). My guess is Y22.

Cooter

Quote from: Iceyone on August 26, 2013, 10:36:18 PM
That they are. But I'm still curious why the price of this particular car is reaching insane? Did I miss something about it?  I just saw a better Mopar go for $9500, a more resonable price. Really the only problem I have about this particular car is the price.
For the same reason a hemi goes for $14K new@470 hp....and a 500stroker for same money make $700hp..
Why pay more for the hemi?
No way in hell  1970 superbee will bring what a convert. E-body will...
Sorry.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Old Moparz

There is no reserve on it but we all know how friends, or duplicate accounts are used to drive up prices.  ::)

That may not be the case here but if the bids continue to rise to insanity levels, it could be. I don't see this car as a "survivor" as much as I see it as a "solid project" car. It just has too much rust that needs to be addressed. I still like it & would drive it, but I think it needs too much to justify the $22K price it's at right now.

There is a pretty nice 1970 Barracuda in much better shape with a sale pending on Moparts that had an asking price of $38.5k or best offer. I think that one can give you a good idea of what a non-performance, e-body ragtop is worth.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry