News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

John "Bo Duke" Schneider At Nielsen Dodge This Friday 8/23!

Started by Bill Rolik, August 21, 2013, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: myk on August 24, 2013, 01:49:40 AM
Quote from: Iceyone on August 23, 2013, 09:42:05 PM
I'd rather meet the stunt crew who really built and drove those cars, not the guy who only pretended to.

What's with the hate towards this guy-he's an "actor" and that's what his job was and he did it... :shruggy:

Jelousy usually.......

myk

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on August 24, 2013, 03:08:47 AM
Quote from: myk on August 24, 2013, 01:49:40 AM
Quote from: Iceyone on August 23, 2013, 09:42:05 PM
I'd rather meet the stunt crew who really built and drove those cars, not the guy who only pretended to.

What's with the hate towards this guy-he's an "actor" and that's what his job was and he did it... :shruggy:

Jelousy usually.......

Yeah I'm kinda stupid that way; when someone works hard and earns a bit of success I tend to be happy for them; what am I thinking... ::)

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

I did not have time to go, but I did speak with Bill Rolik on Saturday at Mopars at E-town. He said there was a very good turnout.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bill440rt on August 22, 2013, 07:39:16 AM
Quote from: MaximRecoil on August 22, 2013, 01:26:53 AM
I'd like to meet John Schneider, but I wouldn't drive more than an hour to do it, and that wouldn't get me anywhere near New Jersey. Plus it is being held at a car dealership. I don't want a salesman trying to sell me a Fiat anyway, which is their only real goal when they hold events like this.

Not necessarily.
This dealership (formerly known as Warnock Dodge) has been the host of many Mopar shows over the past decades. I've attended many of them.
Last year they had a small show & John was on hand signing autographs. My friend had his GL on display as well.
In all the years I've attended neither I nor any of my friends have EVER had a salesman approach them with a sales pitch. I also attended another Dukesfest at a northern NJ car dealership, no sales sharks were out hunting that day, either.
Now, I'm sure if you approached THEM they'd be all ears, but from my experiences it wasn't the case.
Something to think about before throwing out a blanket statement.
:Twocents:

Except in 2008 when I test drove the Hemi Orange Daytona at the show ;)
Totally my doing though :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T