News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sub-Frame connector - 72 Charger?

Started by 72Charger-SE, September 03, 2013, 08:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger-SE

I am looking to purchase a pair of sub-frame connectors for my 72 SE in preparation for the mildly built '68 440.  This is a significant HP increase versus the factory 400.  What would you recommend?  Links would be appreciated. 

Thanks
Chad

HPP

Anything is an improvement over nothing, even bolt in units. But, things are best if you can at least weld in the ends. The contoured to the floor board sets like nice and appear OEM, but require lots of work to fit correctly and are not necessarily an improvement over a straight, welded connector.

72Charger-SE

Thank You...   I am guessing a 71 - 74 sub-frame connector will properly fit a 72, correct?

moparguy01

71-72 will. 73 and 74 are a different animal due to the isolated frame parts. It makes 73-74 a pain in the butt. but doable if your creative. i have them in my 74 but they are all custom

ottawamerc

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

72Charger-SE

Great.. Thanks.   I was wondering if I need the weld on type or if I can just get one that is welded on the front and back?