News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Crane Rocker arms

Started by XS29L, August 16, 2013, 05:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L

Does anyone know if Crane Ductile Iron rocker arms require harden shafts or will stock shafts do the job ? 
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Cooter

I run them and most rec. New shafts.
I believe all are hardened aftermarket.  So yes you really should get new shafts just to be safe.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

XS29L

Thanks for the info.  I have a set of new stock shafts for stamped rockers but I was pretty sure I would need hardened shafts for the ductile iron rockers.  Thanks again Cooter.       Paul
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

68CoronetRT

Just in my own experience, I ran the stock shafts and so far they are working. Dont forget to get lots of shims to space it correctly, I'd also requiremend the mancini kit that makes the hold downs a stud instead of a bolt.

XS29L

Thanks for the tip , I'll look into the additional hardware.    :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Challenger340

It's the Dissimilar Metals running on a "film of Oil" thing.....Ductile Iron Versus Steel...... NEW, or good shape stock shafts will work fine for most(as long as they are not all dinged & worn out)...but as spring pressures and loads/rpm increase...always "nicer" to widen the Hardness difference between the two.... by going for the Chromed Shafts.
SBI sells the Chrome Shafts....and they are cheap.
Only wimps wear Bowties !