News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone try a Floatless Sending Unit?

Started by 69chargerboy, August 01, 2013, 09:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

The picture shows a full tank of fuel darn near to the top of the filler cap. The guage is still a bit off. Just wondering if anyone has tried a new floatless sending unit? Or should I add a seperate NEW fuel guage.... Just wondering. Thanks!

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/content/floatless-fuel-sender-classic-instruments#.Ufpv0dLVC5I
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Dino

Quote from: 69chargerboy on August 01, 2013, 09:24:21 AM
The picture shows a full tank of fuel darn near to the top of the filler cap. The guage is still a bit off. Just wondering if anyone has tried a new floatless sending unit? Or should I add a seperate NEW fuel guage.... Just wondering. Thanks!

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/content/floatless-fuel-sender-classic-instruments#.Ufpv0dLVC5I

How's the reading over the entire range?  The gauge can be calibrated to read correctly, as long as you have the stock sending unit.  You'll have to do some disassembling as the adjustment is on the back of the gauge.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69chargerboy

Yeah, I don't have a stock sending unit. Just a repop. I've read other forum topics about that. I may need to look for an OEM sending unit.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Dino

Quote from: 69chargerboy on August 01, 2013, 10:35:53 AM
Yeah, I don't have a stock sending unit. Just a repop. I've read other forum topics about that. I may need to look for an OEM sending unit.

All you need is the potentiometer so if you can't find an oem sender, you will be able to adjust it with some radio shack parts.  Or you install a linear fuel gauge.  I thought about doing just that but I want to keep the stock look and it's more work than it's worth.  Easier to fix the sending unit.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

70 sublime

But does the gauge read E when it is empty ?
I think that would be more important
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green