News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack stand position 69 Charger

Started by Dreamcar, July 12, 2013, 01:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Hello again. I want to begin undercoating the car so it will be on jack stands. Where should I place the stands? I would prefer not to put them under the axle because having the axle hang down will allow me to better reach the floor and I plan on removing the suspension (front and rear) in a few months anyway. The car is still a little heavy as the motor (318) and trans are still in it.

Are the frame rails strong enough?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Indygenerallee

Is your frame strong enough to support your car while it's sitting on the ground on all four wheels!?  :icon_smile_big: It will be fine unless you have crunchy rails!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

bull

When I did my undercoating I had all the suspension off so I simply put the stands under the frame rails. Now that the front and rear suspension are back in I put the rear stands under the axle tubes and the front stands under the rear K-frame bolt heads (with padding on top of the stand cradles).