News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radio antenna for my 66.

Started by 66chargeragain, July 06, 2013, 09:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66chargeragain

Looking for suggestions as to where I might get a correct radio antenna for my'66. Also wondering what other years might be the same. I would like new or used but must be complete and in good condition.

Ghoste

I got one from Metro Parts.  Not sure, but I think the masts may change slightly for various cars, the bezels definitely do so based on that the only interchange I can say for sure off the top of my head would be with the 67 Charger.  Possibly the 66-67 Coronets too but there are so many little differences between the Coronet and Charger that they may not interchange either.

A383Wing

repops available, around $250 complete

there are a few guys over at FBBO parting out Coronets, worth a try

66 & 67 Charger, Coronet are the same, maybe Plymouth "B" body as well

Bryan

Ghoste

A383Wing

Coronet, yes, same fender.....not sure about the Plymouth version

Ghoste

Sorry yeah, thats what I meant, are the Plymouth and Dodge ones the same.

A383Wing

I would have to look in the parts book to be sure...I would think that they would be, same basic fender design, same shape on top of fender.....but I'm not 100% sure

ODZKing

Antenna package, manual 2771983
Same as Valiant, Barracuda, Dart, Belvedere (GTX), Satellite, Coronet

GPULLER

$250 for an antenna?  I'm taking the one off my parts car tomorrow!

A383Wing

Quote from: ODZKing on July 06, 2013, 08:28:42 PM
Antenna package, manual 2771983
Same as Valiant, Barracuda, Dart, Belvedere (GTX), Satellite, Coronet

Antenna may be the same, but the top mounting bezel is not the same from "A" to "B" body, I had a 66 Dart, top chrome bezel is completely different.

Big Sugar

The word "Bezel".      Such a cool word.      BEZEL.         Almost like Jezebel.      They should serve beer out of a Bezel.   Like a beer bezel.       Maybe its just the beer typing........post pic of a beer typing here LOL.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

66chargeragain

Thanks for the info guys. Metro is $150.00, but out of stock. They expect to have more in about a week, so will most likely get one there unless a better deal comes up. It's great to have you guys for info.

Ghoste

Did you remember to tell them you want a beer bezel with it?

66chargeragain

lowbudget

Thanks for the info as I need one for my 67. I suppose I need to spend more time on this site than I do, but I do have to work at some point in time.
Thanks Mike