News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firecore Plug Boots?

Started by cudaken, July 04, 2013, 08:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Would like some details!  :popcrn:  :shruggy:

My Hooker Super Comp headers eat boots like  :popcrn:

Cuda Ken
I am back

firefighter3931

Most of the "other guys" are using plastic boots which harden and crack when exposed to heat.

Ken, i used MSD for years and back then their stuff was descent quality but they went and cheaped out on the plug boots which used to be silicone and are now plastic. Last set I used lasted 3 months before the boots split and  had a fireworks show under the hood...arcing everywhere.  :eek2:

Same set of Firecores going on 5 years and 2 different engines.  :2thumbs:

If ya need a set lemme know  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: The Firecores are Excellent!  I bought a set from Ron last year.  They are well made and fit great.  I have Doug's ceramic coated headers, no melting issues so far.

Charger-Bodie

Huge fan of firecore wires here too! Had a few sets now. All on different cars cause they just last and last. They also have almost no resistance. Ultra high quality stuff.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Firecore's here on two of my cars.
They are da bomb!!  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Al

I have firecores and TTI ceramic coated headers. No problems the last 2 years.
1968 Dodge Charger, 383, UU1

cudaken

Ron, I do need them, PM me how much. And pleases be kind.  :angel:

Any tips on routing of plug wires with Hooker Super Comp Headers?

Cuda Ken
I am back

ChargerST

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 04, 2013, 09:40:43 PM
Huge fan of firecore wires here too! Had a few sets now. All on different cars cause they just last and last. They also have almost no resistance. Ultra high quality stuff.

Some people claim that resistance in a wire is actually needed for a hot spark  :shruggy:

I thought this was an interesting read but I don't know how much applies to the Firecore wires: http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/truth.htm

b5blue

I even run Firecore's on my 89 Jeep...huge difference!  :2thumbs:

elacruze

2 Years, no sweat. The boots still look clean and soft under these shields. I got them from Ron.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

firefighter3931

Hey Ken,

Here are a few pics of the pro-fit 8.5mm wires with the 135* sparkplug boots.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

More pics with them installed using headers  :scope:

Ron

ottawamerc

Ok Ron I NEED a set I checked mine last night and even with the $$$ heat shields they are melting :brickwall: Do they come in different angles cause I need some straights 90* and 45*.

Thanks
Scott
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

firefighter3931

Quote from: ottawamerc on July 08, 2013, 07:18:21 AM
Ok Ron I NEED a set I checked mine last night and even with the $$$ heat shields they are melting :brickwall: Do they come in different angles cause I need some straights 90* and 45*.

Thanks
Scott

Hi Scott, there are different boot options available ; the 135* pictured above as well as a 90* pictured in Eric's post that are available with an optional heat shield. You just need to tell me what boots you need on each individual lead and i can have them made up. Those two cover just about every application possible. There is also a straight (180*) boot as well as a few others.

With ceramic coated headers ; as long as the boot isn't touching the header tube you're good to go.  :yesnod:

Ron

ottawamerc

Hey Ron can you get me 1:180*  5: angled and 2: 90* and I need atleast 2 angled heat shields. They fit on my MSD wires right?

Scott
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Finn

I bought a set of firecore wires from Ron too. I run them on hooker super comps and don't have any issues with the boots.  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L