News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I bend/ding the ceramic header tubes?

Started by ottawamerc, July 08, 2013, 07:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawamerc

I just upgraded my front torsion bars and I now have a clearance issue on the drivers side it rattles alot now. What is the best way to get clearance with out doing too much damage to them?

Scott
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

firefighter3931

What i've done in the past is ; heat up the area that needs adjustment and use a thick impact socket and hammer. Basicly you're using the side of the socket to put a nice radiused dent in the area that needs clearanced. This will dull the ceramic coating, unfortunately.  :P

You might be able to use a pry bar and bend the tubes once they're hot enough. If you have an H-pipe or X-pipe the extension pipes coming off the collectors will probably need some adjusting.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs