News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need and aftermarket windshield source

Started by hatersaurusrex, July 21, 2013, 07:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Ordering a front glass for my '68 - doesn't have to be original.   Where can I get a quality b-body front glass and gasket delivered?  The car is in northern Middle Tennessee if that matters (or if someone knows a good local source)

Thanks in advance!
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

bull

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2013, 07:48:17 PM
AMD sells them, don't they?

They do, and 521 appears to resell the AMD pieces.  Anyone had any experience with AMD glass?   Would it be far cheaper just to go to a pick-n-part type place?

My current glass is cracked all the way up the right side and it's about time to pull the dash, so the glass goes next.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

charger_fan_4ever

Got both from the local glass guy last year. If i recall the windshield was around $300 and gasket $75.

resq302

You can try ECS Automotive concepts as I think they sell the correct reproduction glass in clear and tinted and can put the correct Mopar etchings onto the glass too I think.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cdr on July 21, 2013, 07:56:16 PM
jeff@521restorations.com

great guy to deal with

x2 bought many products from them...

Dino

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on July 23, 2013, 12:33:42 AM
Quote from: bull on July 21, 2013, 07:48:17 PM
AMD sells them, don't they?

They do, and 521 appears to resell the AMD pieces.  Anyone had any experience with AMD glass?   Would it be far cheaper just to go to a pick-n-part type place?

My current glass is cracked all the way up the right side and it's about time to pull the dash, so the glass goes next.

Actually the glass goes first.   ;)

I need to swap the windshield one day but it's still good enough.  A bit of delaminating in the lower corners though. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

I love my Pilkington.  It's thick, tinted, with blue shade...about $325 from Pilkington Classics.  Got the phone # right off the public website. 

They want to deliver to a local glass shop.