News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle 2013: Are there rooms still available?

Started by 66FBCharger, June 13, 2013, 11:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Does anyone know of any vacancies at hotels in the vicinity of Carlisle for the Chryslers at Carlisle show?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

bakerhillpins

I just picked up a 2 double non smoking room for Thursday arrival and Sunday departure (3 nights) at the Quality Inn (which is where all the cool DC.com members hang  :nana: ) last night online using choicehotels.com. I think this link will get you there.  

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-carlisle-pennsylvania-PA034?sid=xT7jF.2OFRHg29M.55

(just did the query and still shows rooms)

I stopped calling the place directly and doing reservations last year when they said it was $200 a night even though I had the above page up and it listed 2 nights for $170 each. This was late in June last year. So I hung up and booked online.  :P  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Tilar

I normally go to the Quality inn but this time I booked online at the Hotel Carlisle because they were $40 a night cheaper. Looks like it still has some openings if you go through something like cheaptickets.com but their web site says they are all booked through all of July.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

chargerboy69

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 13, 2013, 11:03:12 AM
Does anyone know of any vacancies at hotels in the vicinity of Carlisle for the Chryslers at Carlisle show?

I would think there would be many rooms left.  At 4.19 a gallon (in NE Indiana anyway) for 89 octane, I am just guessing attendance may be down.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

bakerhillpins

Wow, we have cheaper gas in New England right now???  3.49 a gal for 87.   :shruggy:

92 is $3.72
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 13, 2013, 04:57:44 PM

I would think there would be many rooms left.  At 4.19 a gallon (in NE Indiana anyway) for 89 octane, I am just guessing attendance may be down.

Didnt stop anyone last year.....Premium was over $4.25 last year in NY
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Contact BananaDan on this 'site.
He reserved a room at the Ramada in Mechanicsburg, but there's a chance he may not be able to make it.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Topher

Hotel Carlisle isn't the most glamorous place to stay, but it is a bed.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Tilar

Quote from: Topher on June 13, 2013, 10:20:12 PM

Well, I wanted to try somewhere else due to the Quality Inn getting higher and higher every year. Maybe next year I'll try a different one but by the ratings, the majority of hotels around Carlisle are mediocre at best. 3.0 - 3.5 out of 5.
Dave  

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Tilar on June 14, 2013, 04:15:26 AM
Well, I wanted to try somewhere else due to the Quality Inn getting higher and higher every year.

Really? the most I ever paid was last year at 170 a night. Got 152 a night this year online.  Cheap, no not really but not $200 either.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bill440rt

Quote from: Tilar on June 14, 2013, 04:15:26 AM
Quote from: Topher on June 13, 2013, 10:20:12 PM

Well, I wanted to try somewhere else due to the Quality Inn getting higher and higher every year. Maybe next year I'll try a different one but by the ratings, the majority of hotels around Carlisle are mediocre at best. 3.0 - 3.5 out of 5.

I stopped staying at the Q.I. also, they jacked up their rates every year substantially.
I argued with them over rates one year, my rate was pre-determined the year before due to a screw up. When I got there, he said there was no way he could now honor those rates!  :flame:  Huh??
He had to dig thru his file cabinet to find the slip confirming the agreed upon rate. He then apologized to me. Next year's rates were gonna be even higher. That was the last year I stayed there.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

66FBCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 13, 2013, 01:33:52 PM
I just picked up a 2 double non smoking room for Thursday arrival and Sunday departure (3 nights) at the Quality Inn (which is where all the cool DC.com members hang  :nana: ) last night online using choicehotels.com. I think this link will get you there. 

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-carlisle-pennsylvania-PA034?sid=xT7jF.2OFRHg29M.55

I stopped calling the place directly and doing reservations last year when they said it was $200 a night even though I had the above page up and it listed 2 nights for $170 each. This was late in June last year. So I hung up and booked online.  :P  :shruggy:
Thanks bakerhillpins!
I just booked 1 double room for Thursday and Friday. (We leave Sat. night). It is $105 for Thursday night and $129 for Friday night.
If anyone needs rooms, check the link that bakerhillpins posted. It appeared there were still rooms available.
John
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto

74bluecharger440

just booked Park Inn Radisson , 2 nights, friday and saturday$ 277. US funds ...Yee Ha,,,   never been,,  should be fun. But  I.m not going with the Charger going with the ram so I can bring back some goodies .

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 14, 2013, 07:14:59 AM
I just picked up a 2 double non smoking room for Thursday arrival and Sunday departure (3 nights) at the Quality Inn (which is where all the cool DC.com members hang  :nana: ) last night online using choicehotels.com. I think this link will get you there. 

I stopped calling the place directly and doing reservations last year when they said it was $200 a night even though I had the above page up and it listed 2 nights for $170 each. This was late in June last year. So I hung up and booked online.  :P  :shruggy:
Thanks bakerhillpins!
I just booked 1 double room for Thursday and Friday. (We leave Sat. night). It is $105 for Thursday night and $129 for Friday night.
If anyone needs rooms, check the link that bakerhillpins posted. It appeared there were still rooms available.
John

Interesting, got better rates than I was seeing. Ill have to shack up with you next year.  :rofl:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Old Moparz

Hopefully in time for next year, I plan to build a self storage facility right in Carlisle. I'll put cots, 5 gallon pails & a roll of toilet paper in the units & rent them out cheap to DC.com members. Of course you'll be on your own when it comes to taking showers, but they have them at the fairgrounds so you should be fine.   :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Tilar

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 14, 2013, 07:14:59 AM

Thanks bakerhillpins!
John

I would have stayed there for those rates, but even using that link it still listed the rooms at $179 plus the taxes which puts it over $200 a night.  :shruggy:
Dave  

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Tilar on June 14, 2013, 10:40:03 AM
I would have stayed there for those rates, but even using that link it still listed the rooms at $179 plus the taxes which puts it over $200 a night.  :shruggy:

If you are part of the "rewards" (read junk mail) program you can get $150 a night non refundable. It's what I did. We get so much junk as it is I can't see how their junk is going to make a noticeable difference.  I already have the vacation scheduled and all the numerous other things to support it so I am willing to go with the nonrefundable option.

Don't know where 66FBCharger got the 100 & 130 rates since it forced me to do multiple days at one rate??
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Troy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 13, 2013, 08:36:18 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 13, 2013, 04:57:44 PM

I would think there would be many rooms left.  At 4.19 a gallon (in NE Indiana anyway) for 89 octane, I am just guessing attendance may be down.

Didnt stop anyone last year.....Premium was over $4.25 last year in NY
I think his point is that we (Midwest) are usually about $1 cheaper than either coast so anything near $4.00 a gallon here is waaaaay high. I believe "they" are blaming it on some issue with refineries in Illinois.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Tilar

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 14, 2013, 11:53:17 AM

If you are part of the "rewards" (read junk mail) program you can get $150 a night non refundable.

Sadly, I'm not part of their "rewards" program.  Matter of fact when I get junk mail and it has one of those postage paid envelopes that only get charged when it's mailed, I take their offer, politely (cough cough) write with a permanent marker that I am not interested in donating to their cause or buying what they have to sell and mail it back to them in their postage paid envelope.
Dave  

66FBCharger

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 14, 2013, 11:53:17 AM

If you are part of the "rewards" (read junk mail) program you can get $150 a night non refundable. It's what I did. We get so much junk as it is I can't see how their junk is going to make a noticeable difference.  I already have the vacation scheduled and all the numerous other things to support it so I am willing to go with the nonrefundable option.

Don't know where 66FBCharger got the 100 & 130 rates since it forced me to do multiple days at one rate??

I'll tell you how I got those great rates. I made the reservations for the week after Chryslers at Carlisle!! :brickwall:
I changed the reservations and now the rooms are $189 a night. Next time I make reservations I should take my head out of my b*tt.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Tilar on June 14, 2013, 01:18:57 PM
Sadly, I'm not part of their "rewards" program.  Matter of fact when I get junk mail and it has one of those postage paid envelopes that only get charged when it's mailed, I take their offer, politely (cough cough) write with a permanent marker that I am not interested in donating to their cause or buying what they have to sell and mail it back to them in their postage paid envelope.

I wasn't suggesting that the program was useful for anything more than a cheaper room.  :2thumbs:  I just push it into the recycling bin.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 14, 2013, 01:32:44 PM
I'll tell you how I got those great rates. I made the reservations for the week after Chryslers at Carlisle!! :brickwall:
I changed the reservations and now the rooms are $189 a night. Next time I make reservations I should take my head out of my b*tt.

:brickwall:  for sure.  Good thing you got that figured out before you got there.  :eek2:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 66FBCharger on June 14, 2013, 01:32:44 PM

Thats some funny shit right there :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T