News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 Charger Rebuild

Started by chargeher, June 09, 2013, 05:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargeher

Hey Guys a newbie here to this site.  I am starting to restore a 1974 Charger SE 440 4 brl.  Looking for hood and rear valance.  Anyone know of any promo's on sheet metal parts.  Car is solid except someone stole the power bulge hood and rear valance is bent.  This car has all original interior that is in good shape except for cracked dash.  Can't wait to get started on this baby.  This will be my first Dodge so i will need your expert knowledge, as i know alot of you have been down this road that i'm starting on.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Georgia car.

polywideblock

welcome to the site ,good luck on the project   :cheers:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Baldwinvette77

Hello there, Welcome to the site, sounds like a cool car, but have any pictures? also roughly where are you located?, so finding parts can be closer  :cheers:

Chargerguy74

Welcome! That would be a cool car. Were you planning on puting another bulge hood on it or the correct flat hood? Any pics?
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

E5 Charger

Welcome. There are a lot of sources for the valance, but they are all made by AMD. Do a search online or on ebay. I think there are a couple members of this site that sell them. As for the hood, there aren't any new steel hoods being made. You will have to buy fiberglass or find a used one.

dyslexic teddybear

Welcome also :yesnod:

I love third gens.....

and first gens, and second gens, and.......

and of course just about anything that came with the distributor at that particular angle :D

Welcome!! :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

Welcome to the site and will be nice to follow along on another 3GEN build.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

chargeher

Thanks guys for a warm welcome.  Don't have pictures yet but will get them soon.  I'm thinking of power bulge hood but not to that point yet.  I'm in Milledgeville Georgia.