News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

good deal or not

Started by cowboy4x4n, May 22, 2013, 02:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

I have the chance to trade a used in need of rebuild muncie 4 speed trans from a vette for a rebuilt a500 two wheel drive transmission from a gentleman who no longer needs it for a mopar project . the trans comes with a warrant, it has extra clutch packs installed and shift kit.  I want to drop this into my 69 charger 318.  Mine already has a 904 and figured its simliar. 

cowboy4x4n

oh the trans is an 89 year model from a 360 truck.  lock up torque convertor.  hope this can be converted

cowboy4x4n

skip68

Ask John K.   That may require modification to the tranny hump/floor.   Sounds like a good upgrade.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

cowboy4x4n

ty for the reply.  i ffigured some modificiation to the tunnel or trans itself.  just hoping a lock up trans will work in a non computer controlled car.

cdr

yes it will work

my link is at the bottom,mine is an a518 bib block
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr