News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who does Restorations of Ash Trays?

Started by Speedfreak, May 19, 2013, 08:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedfreak

Before I give it a go myself wanted to know if there was someone out there that does this, basically need replating of the ashtray and assembly.  Who have you used.  If you guys have done it yourself any tips?  Thanks.

ws23rt

Should be a local metal finisher that would give you an est. They are every where and nothing special about original finish. Does it have a patina? Historical value perhaps.---After all--someone will remember back in the day we did bad things. Paint would be separate.

polywideblock

if you wait a few more months i'm sure AMD will offer a repop

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Speedfreak

I saw a thread from last year on doing this, only problem is the rivet, plus the guy stated the tool to attach the rivet was expensive.  Hardly worth it for me to purchase one, since this is most likely the only one I will do.  My other cars do not have the same setup.  Where do I ge the rivet and is there an alternate method of attaching it without the special tool??

Speedfreak

Quote from: polywideblock on May 19, 2013, 09:31:33 PM
if you wait a few more months i'm sure AMD will offer a repop

I am sure it will be coming out with the Daytona Rear Glass and trim!