News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Mopar Stories.

Started by cudaken, August 27, 2013, 05:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, 69 Charger Story.

On the way into and home from work I started to see a good looking 70 442 sporting W-30 badges. I learned when I was a kid driving the then stock 68 Road Runner that W-30 meant If you are not packing a 426, you are going to get your ass kicked :eek2: Ask me how I know?  ::)

I started seeing the W-30 3 or 4 times a week. I was mainly driving my Daytona, but at last it was a 1991. :shruggy: So what could I do with that besides ram him!  :D

I had finally got the 69 Charger R/T (Rusted / Trash) body and paint done and ready to drive. I had bought a 426 W for the Charger from a friend of mine. When I first installed it, it ran great! I let it sit for a year (It was started but not driven) and while it still ran great, but when the hammer was dropped it smoked so bad you could track it with Doppler Radar!  :lol: Check compression, perfect 20 pound spread, changed heads think it was guides. Still smoked?

Some of you old guys will remember me calling the engine The 42Sick, Ma Mopars only 2 stoke 426!    :smilielol:

It was a early spring day on a Saturday and I deiced to drive the Charger home! I was heading out of St Louis on 64 and hardly a car in sight. I looked in the rear view mirror and guess what I saw coming?  :DYep, the W-30 was closing!  :D  

He pulled beside me, I was doing 60 MPH and he looked over the Viper Red 69 Charger R/T and grinned at me.  :scratchchin: I was thinking to my self Well I have a 426, packing 2:76 sure grip gears and we are doing 60 MPH hum.  :scratchchin:

He jumped on it a little and slow back down and grinned at me again. Then he dropped the hammer as I pulled the 727 down to second and did the same! W-30 jumped me by 3/4's of a car then the 42Sick started to pull! I hit 3rd at 85 MPH and had the W-30 by a car! I looked in my rear view mirror and saw 2 trails of blue smoke that looked like a Jet Fighter afterburners had kicked in!  :smilielol:

I shut her down at 100 MPH as I was heading toward the bridge and W-30 never did catch up to me?  :D

Only thing wost than getting your ass kicked is getting your ass kicked by a smoking POS engine! I will add that was the last day I ever saw the W-30, must have been having is 455 rebuilt is my guess!

My bodyman spin on the story is the W-30 driver backed off because he could not see to drive!  :rofl: Either way, a win is a win!  :2thumbs:

By the way, later when the 426 was pulled it seems I had 4 sets of oil rings line up all most straight. That will do it, but boy it ran great!  :lol:

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

I am back

mauve66

not a Mopar story but to show that driving that first mopar (74 RR) trained me correctly............... or maybe i was just lucky................ naw, Mopars made me AWESOME!!!

setting:  Xmas 1987, Missouri, Hwy 20, 2 lane blacktop, eastbound (at 65+mph), 2 ft of snow on the ground (and still snowing heavily), no cell phone,

visibility: less than 1/4 mile (so pretty good.... right?)

vehicle: 1981 Camaro Z28, 350 ci, 4 BBl, Auto (yeah, yeah, i know, but Mopars were expensive in 1987-1988)

motivation: just wanted to see the rest of my relatives

Blackburn and Marshall, Mo are about 16 miles apart, home for the holidays, Dad says its too damn bad out there nobody else is going to dinner at my uncles house.  These old people don't realize i just drove 650+ miles for the holidays- i'm going to see everybody.

so off i go.  about halfway to Marshall the road flattens out so i don't have to worry about popping over a hill and finding someone sitting sideways in the road.  So i speed up from 55 (hey, that was the speed limit so i couldn't get a ticket for speeding officer) to 65+.  I haven't seen a car yet but there are some faint tracks in my lane, then i come up behind someone, doing about 20-30 maybe (takes longer to type this than catch him, so he was going damn slow) the smart person doesn't jamb on the brakes, the slightly nuts person just goes around them without slowing down.

oh wait.. no traffic coming (that's good), no tracks in oncoming lane (that's probably not good)

so come up on him and pass him (i guess its a him, hope its not the farmer who told my Dad my mishap at the traffic light in the rain-see previous posting, too scared at the moment to look to the right, probably not too smart to do that anyway.  Maybe i could have waved or something??  I'm sure he (they) didn't wave at me......   being the great humanitarian and courteous driver that i am, i make sure to stay in the oncoming lane until i'm several car lengths past him (don't want to blind him in the snow storm and all)

about the time i think it's ok to return to the eastbound lane the front of the car starts to drift to the right (that's good right??  i mean that's the way i want to go anyway.........)  uh, wait a minute, its trying to go due south, there's a barren corn field over there, and i'm sure there's a ditch between me and it, but i can't see it due to the snow being so deep (but i KNOW there's a ditch, i've been in it before-see previous posting)

at this time i can see the car behind me start to get a little squirrly, i'm guessing he's on the brakes 'cause he doesn't want to miss his dinner (damn brand X guy can't control his car)  What to do now??

of course this all happens in about 15-20 seconds (from the time i see the problem, well, i actually just saw a car in my lane, not actually a problem per se...)

so, what do i do??

mash the gas - what, you think i'm crazy??
mash the brakes - what, you think i'm crazy??
close my eyes - come on, then i couldn't see what was about to happen to me

so, i lift............. not something a cool 22 year old normally does but since i want to see my 23rd...............

the silence is eery (radio broken, snow so deep i don't here the exhaust)
we (me and the car are one with the universe now........... or soon will be with the ditch as a sidekick) just float along for what seems like eternity (only 5 secs or so) until the front end starts to come back to the left.  by now we are 10 car lengths in front of the other car and slowed down to 55 or so (see, i consistantly do the speed limit when conditions allow)

so, the car finally settles back into the westbound lane (we're still heading eastbound, i think, time stopped for a couple of seconds there.....).  By now i've accumulated a large patch of seat foam between my cheeks which makes driving at 65+ rather uncomfortable.  Being the intelligent person that i am (and not wanting the person behind me to get my license plate #) i settle on 45mph.  By the way, that other driver did stay on the road so i guess congrats to him also. We (the car and I-the ditch wan't paying rent so we kicked him to the curb, get it?? curb/ditch/side of the road??), anyway, WE made it without incident the rest of the trip.  

how did i get home you ask? well....... lets just say it took a little longer to go westbound, headwind and all, Kansas really blows............

Moral of the story: Xmas ham makes ya do what ya gotta do

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

cudaken

OK, this is an embarrassing story.  :shruggy: What can I say, they happen!

A Round 1988

I had been getting a lot of chrome work done to the Road Runner. It had been sidelined for oh a month. I had been waiting for around 3 weeks on the rear bumper to come back from the chrome plating shop. It finally came in on a Friday afternoon!  :icon_smile_big: Great I get to hit Madison Ave and cruses some!  :coolgleamA:

After I closed the Body Shop I went to install the bumper but I Could not find where I had put the rear bumper bolts?  :shruggy: Well, I dug around in the bolt bind and found some nuts the right sizes and tread and some washers. I think I only found 2, but hey I was young and dumb,and they used way to many and way right?  :icon_smile_big:  

Hit the Ave and cruised some, nothing noteworthy go on so I decided to hit Stake and Shake. Pulled in the lot real slow so the 426 Maxie cam was sounding way cool. Had to let the Bow Tie and Blue Oval folks there was a Nasty Mopar on the lot. Backed into my stall, order a shake and pooped the hood.  :coolgleamA:

Had more than a few from the opposing camps to come over and take a look to see what was under the hood! One guy with a rear nice 429 Boss looked and said to me I never thought I see that motor under the hood!  :2thumbs:

Time to hit the streets and find some praey. :D Shut the hood and fired up Miss Lumpy. Most of the eyes where on me as I pulled out of the parking lot.  ;D Got to Madison Ave and when I turned right I dropped the hammer! Tires went up in smoke and the F&^%ING rear bumper fell off the car!  :brickwall: It was laying right where all the people at the Stake and Shake could still see it! I sure in the hell did not want to go back to pick it up, but it had my plate on it! To say the folks where :rofl: there ass off was a understatement :smilielol:!

Talk about the walk of shame when I went back to pick it up!  :-\

Cuda Ken
I am back

Lord Warlock

Off duty cop story:

Spent a Saturday afternoon watching one of my girlfriends play softball against a team in downtown Pensacola florida,  it was about a 15 mile drive home, did it in record time in the charger, doing mostly 20 to 30 mph over the limit the whole way, reached the turnoff the main road into my parents neighborhood, and slowed down to the speed limit, roughly 25-30mph, after going through two intersections with a roll thru stop I came up on the 3rd, which I intended to turn right, I had swung to my left to cut it hard right around the turn, but as I looked to make sure no traffic, I saw a 76 or so el camino driving dead center in the residential road, I was not in a position to stop as I was going about 20 to 25 still, so I made a quick decision to blast thru in front of the guy, I floored the charger, which was happily running some nice Amoco white gas, or 98 octane fuel, so the 440 was happy happy, the charger took the queue and promptly broke both tires loose smoking the tires through the intersection right in front of the El Camino.  Mind you, I easily cleared the intersection without a danger of getting hit, but it was also not something I would intentionally do in my own neighborhood, so after clearing the intersection, I slowed back down to 30mph...the El camino turned right behind me, so not wanting a confrontation, I took the first right turn, the el camino turned behind me again, now i'm suspicious that I may have pissed off some old guy  in the neighborhood, so I take 2 or three more evasive maneuver turns to see if he's following me, or just heading his own way, after 2 more turns I realize the el camino guy is intentionally trying to stay on my bumper.  Now in the past, I'd been followed and threatened by other people and had no intention of putting myself in that spot again, so I did what any other 18 year old kid would do, I sped up to 60mph in the neighborhood and tried to put some distance between us,  the el camino hung on like a mongoose on a snake as we went through about 4 or 5 more turns in the neighborhood at speed heading toward the main 2 lane road out of the residential zone, never had anyone stick with me that close before, I mean I couldn't see the headlights of his grill in my rear view mirror, couldn't focus on the driver too much but knew what he drove.  

I come up on the 2 lane road, a fairly wide road that ran between two residential areas, speed limit was 45 there, but I was gonna exceed that a bit, I turned right with an el camino sucking my tailpipes, I floored it, and the charger squatted in the back and took off like a rocket, instantly putting 5 or 6 car lengths between us.  Normally I would have turned left to head out toward the airport...a route I took every morning while delivering papers. But traffic on the other side of the road did not provide the space to make a hard left at 70mph, so kept the pedal down and kept going straight, the el camino was no longer in sight but I still needed distance to feel safe so kept going about a half mile until I reached a treacherous slow gradual right hand curve in the road, where the road surface leaned to the left, multiple times i'd heard of folks losing control in that area and rolling their cars, so I smartly decided to slow down while the car in front of me still blocked my progress and speed down to about 45,  about halfway thru this gradual sweeping turn, the El Camino finally catches up to me, pulls up in the other lane beside me, and waves me off the road.  Dejected but not defeated, I decide to endure the irate neighbor, and pull off the road onto the shoulder (grass) slam the brakes and promptly tear up 4 tires worth of grass leaving skid type marks in the grass shoulder.  The El camino pulls up behind me.  I have nothing else to do, so leaning against the car looking back at the chaser so I'm watching him pull off stop then shut off his car and open his door.  I notice he's got black shoes...so what lots of old people wear black dress shoes, then he has black pants, ok still plenty of professional types wear black pants....then a black shirt....i'm thinking oh crap....only cops, and I mean city cops wear black uniforms.  The old guy is Livid, his face is beet red and he's so angry he can't put a sentence together, i'm nervous now, and worried about jail time as I broke at least 8 or 9 traffic laws in about 5 minutes there, I could lose my license for a year or more for one offense.  As he walks up with steam coming out of his ears (at least it seemed that way) I apologize for my actions, and tried to explain why I did what I did, but he wasn't going to listen to excuses.  He finally calms down enough to talk and tells me that while he knows I broke laws, he was off duty, didn't have his ticket book with him, and never was behind me long enough to get a speed reading on his speedometer (can't look at speed and take turns at 60+ I guess), he writes down my name and drivers license number, and my tag number, and tells me that while he can't ticket me now, what he can do is put a warrant out on my car, so every time any other cop sees me, they'll attempt to give me a ticket.  He tells me to slow the  f down and go home, and I do, after all I have work the next day.  Go home scared shitless that my dad is gonna find out, no one was called, no one knows anything, but i'm jumpy like I'd had 8 cups of coffee.  I get to sleep, get up the next day and continue on with life as normal.  

On my paper route the next day, I get a chance to see if the officer's promise of a warrant is true or not, I'm driving the speed limit....very careful not to break any laws, using blinkers, making full stops, and staying at least 3 mph under the speed limits, I see a cop with some woman off the side of the road, as I go by, sure enough he tosses her license to her, runs to his car, and catches up to me, following me close and just waiting for me to screw up...I don't give him a reason to pull me over, and after about 10 minutes he gives up and lets me go.  This situation gets repeated 3 or 4 more times in a two week time frame, I'm paranoid big time and i'm driving like I have my grandmother in my car with me.  Finally after about two weeks the constant police attention stops and they start leaving me alone.  I start feeling normal and gradually start returning to my normal driving ways, but am still ultra aware of cops around me.  City cops I had to watch out for, county cops didn't seem to care (which was good because I was dating the daughter of a Sr Ranking county cop, who was in charge of the local swat team. Didn't want him finding out of my "episode".  
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

Another week goes by, and my 18th birthday rolls around, a bunch of friends throw a keg party out at the beach for me and two others that shared the same birthday.  As usual, anyone that hears about a keg party shows up,  I don't drink beer at that age, but I do drink Jack Daniels and sprite, and had a full pint before the party started getting out of hand with a bunch of underage drinkers showing up.  I'm way too drunk to drive but I also don't want to be around when the cops show up (county cops rule the beaches) so I climb into the charger, fire it up and slowly move out on the two lane road, looking for an empty parking lot to sleep it off before I head home.  I find a lot, pull off, park the car, and as I shut off the headlights, I notice I can still see the dunes in front of me, but they are glowing a combo of colors, red and blue...took me a second to look behind me, sure enough a county cop is back there with his lights on.  I have no idea how long he's been there or how long he'd been following me, I was only driving about 100 yards so couldn't have done much wrong.  The cop is fairly friendly, looks at my license and wishes me a happy birthday (legal age to drink back then was 18) and I explain I was just looking for a safe place to sleep it off, he tells me to come sit in his car, says I made the right choice and once he gets a response back from wants and warrants, he'll let me go sleep it off...  (Wants and Warrants...that doesn't sound good...Knowing I had a warrant open for about 3 weeks) evidently Friday night was a very busy night, he doesn't get a call back,  he calls it in again...we wait...exchange small talk about cars, and where we went to school etc...and again he doesn't get a response back,  he tries a 3rd time  and after 5 minutes gives up, tells me to get back in my car, and move down to the next parking lot, as the one i'm in has broken concrete and would probably give me a flat if I stayed here... I pointed out that I was a bit tipsy and he shrugs and says most folks out at night on a Friday are more than slightly drunk, just stay on the road another 50 yards and turn off.  I follow his directions explicitly.  I shut down the car, toss my keys in the back seat, crack open the windows and pass out splayed across the front seat. (its about 12pm) at 2:30am, I wake up feeling much more sober and able to get home without killing anyone.  So drive slowly toward the house. 

Have other cop stories, maybe i'll post one of those up in a day or so. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Mopar Nut

Here's mine, my first mopar.

It was in the late eighties, I was driving down a country road the sky was clear. The temp. was 94 degrees humidity 95%, hotter than you know where. I passed a old shut down gas station, weeds everywhere and lots of old cars. That's when I seen it, out of the corner of my eye a bright orange car. At the time I was driving my new Chrysler Conquest, a bright electric blue. I instantly turned around to check this crazy colored car out at this run down operation. As soon as I parked, a short 5'9" older gentleman came up to me. He asked what he could do for me as he was carrying his shotgun. I asked what he intended to do with these old cars, if they were for sale or what. He told me everything was for sale, even the line of old Harley's. He explained the place was a gas station at one time turned into a service station only later on. I looked around the junk yard like place looking for any Fisher (GM) type bodies (442's). I headed up front to where I seen that orange car, a 70 Dodge Challenger. The guy told me that the car had been sitting in that spot since 1971. The owner of the car towed it into this shop because he could not get it started. The mechanic replaced the timing chain, spark plug wires, cap, rotor and points. The car had no rust, black inside black top with a huge 318 2 bbl center console. The owner had died in war, leaving the car with the shop owner. I asked the shop mechanic if the car was for sale, this was before he told me the story. He said what about $400.00, what he had in it. The bank had a lien on the car from the owner original loan (long story on getting the title, but very easy). I picked the car up, had it towed to my house to get her running. I bought polishing compound to bring the paint back, which it did. I worked on the engine for about two hours, figure out the starting problem. The distributor had a nylon gear with a pin holding it on that was broken. The shop owner wanted me to bring the car by when I got it running, so I did. He could not believe the paint was the same original orange when I bought it. It did look like I just painted it. He asked what it took to get it running, he just nodded his head after I told him. Two years later I sold the car, I was moving out of state and could only drive one car. I picked my brand new Toyota Supra turbo, loved that car, but it was a mistate. Here's one of my Mopar stories.  
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cudaken

Thanks for the post guys! Far as the Z story :scratchchin:, well I did have a IROC Z-28 and a SS Mote Carlo as my company car's when I had a career!  :lol:

Next story pleases.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Finn

This story I was old enough to know better but still young/dumb enough to try it.

I was in my ram and leaving my girl's house at about 2:30am  :D. Her house was off the main street that runs from one side of town to the other. Its completely empty as I pulled up to the stop sign. I doubled check my left and right, not a headlight nor taillight in sight.
There's a little bit of rain coming down...
I'm in a truck...

You probably know where this is going.

I whipped that truck into the street completely sideways, gracefully sliding across 4 lanes and expertly landing it in the lane I want. I'm talking drift-king status.
I then casually proceeded to the next light, chuckling to myself about how I haven't done that in years "awhile". As I stopped for the red. I noticed there was suddenly a pair of headlights in my rear-view mirror, right up on my ass. Huh, that's weird, the street was deserted a second ago...

The light turned green and I started to go...then the my cab lit up in flashes of red white and blue.
My heart instantly goes to panic attack mode but my mind keeps telling me "heyyyyy don't even worry about it, you're not getting a ticket". How I knew this, I do not know.

I pull over and the officer gets out of this car. I don't think Ive ever seen a less-amused facial expression in my life.

He shines a flashlight in my face and asks me if Ive been drinking.

"No, Sir".

"What happened back there".

"Lost control of the truck in the rain, Sir".

His face:

"Mmmhmm. License and registration".

He goes and runs my license then comes back.

"I looked at your tires, you've got plenty of tread left so it wasn't the truck, it was you. Slow down and have a good night".

That was the one and only time (to date) in my life Ive been pulled over and not given a ticket. I still have no idea where he was hiding along the stretch of street. He shall forever be known to me as ninja-cop.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

cudaken

Charger Story! Around 1992, I was in my thirty's at the time.

I was coming back from KC Kansas in the 69 Charger R/T with 2.76 sure grip gears. At the time the Charger was painted Plum Crazy, Black Top, Black R/T strip, Chrome Tips, and Road Wheels. She loved the interstate with the 2:76's!  :2thumbs:

Speed limit at the time was 55 MPH, well I was doing 58 MPH so I was trying to be good.  :angel: I was listening to the radio when when Golden Earring  came on playing Radar Love. I started tapping on the steering wheel to the beat and really started to get into the song! Slowly the old speedo needle started to climb!

Right as the song ended I saw I was doing 80 MPH, then I looked in the rear view mirror come up fast (say 1/4 mile) was a Kansas State Trooper so I pulled over. Younger trooper came up and ask for my paperwork and head to his car to write the ticket.  :shruggy: Well I was speeding, so what was I going to say, Radar Love made me do it?

Few minutes later his backup pulled in front of my Charger. Got out of his squad car, put on his Smokey Bear hat, sunglasses and started looking over the Charger. He was a older Trooper say in his 50's. After looking over the Charger twice, he walks up to the driver side door and looks at me and say's Your In A Hep Of Trouble Here Boy! We both busted out laughing at the same time!  :rofl:    

Well, I did not get out of a ticket! But the older trooper did talk to the younger one. When I got the ticket, I could see 80 Mph had been crossed out and 65 was in its places.  :2thumbs: That I could live with!  :icon_smile_big:

After the your guy pulled away, older trooper told me they had like 5 cars waiting for me at exits because the younger trooper thought I was going to run.

Cuda Ken  
I am back

Old Moparz

Not a racing story but it is Mopar related.  :icon_smile_big:

When I was using my old Plymouth convertible as my everyday car, I had to work on it weekends to make sure it would get me to work on Monday. It wasn't always a repair to keep it running & driving, sometimes it was just something I wanted to do like add a stereo, or in this case, remove the old worn out carpet & put a new one in.

Anyway, I had all the seats out one Saturday to do this when my girlfriend at the time pulled up in her car. She was telling me that something was wrong with the car so I took a look. I don't recall what was wrong at the time, but whatever it was I had to remove the part & bring it with me to the auto parts store to get another one.

That meant we couldn't use her car & had to use mine. Well, I had all the seats out & would never get them back in the car in time to make it to the auto parts store before it closed. That left me the option of going to the backyard & grabbing 2 lawn chairs off the patio & putting them in the car so we could get to the store.

I was fine since I had the steering wheel to hold onto, but my girlfriend was kind of rocking & rolling on all the turns & clung to the dash board so she wouldn't tip over. We made it to the store, got the part for her car, then headed back to fix it. On the way, a police officer must have decided that I was guilty of something & pulled me over. My papers were legal & I don't think I broke any laws, but I do remember being lectured on the unsafe use of a lawn chair.....LOL Good thing this was long before mandatory seatbelt laws.

Oh, & the girl I was with back then must have thought the lawn chairs in a ragtop was hot because she's my wife now.  :D

I've had this car since 1984 & my daughter loves it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

cudaken

I am back

cudaken

Cuda Story!

Here is my 1970 Cuda.

http://s83.photobucket.com/user/cudaken/media/Charger%20Site/3d9d258c-639e-487e-a8aa-d8de864abd80_zpse9b31927.jpg.html]

Original hockey stick, goo wing car. Was loaded pretty well, could have used a Hemi but that was about it. 383 was warmed over with Eddy DB4 intake, headers, 750 Holley electric fuel pump 2800 stall, nasty 727 and 3:23 sure grip. It was a very mild and fun to drive daily driver when the photo was taken. I use to drive it to my shops on a daily bases back then.

One of my shop manager (Gary) had got a good deal on a 89 Formal 350 Fire-bird, only had 23,000 miles on it. This was the first performances car that Gary ever had and kept telling me how fast it was. In fact he finally started saying that he wanted to races me in the Cuda and he would put the Wood to me! Well, I just let it slid. This went on for months.

One day on the way to Gary shop guess who pulled up next to me at a light? Yep, Gary in his Fire Chicken. Gary started revving the Fire Chicken like he wanted to play. Now, by then my Street racing days where well behind me. Besides Gary was 85% mouth anyway.  :shruggy:

But being a old street racer, old habits die hard. I brought the Cuda up to 2200 RPM's against the converter and started watching the lights on the other side of the ones we where facing. Normally after the apposing yellow light had been of a few seconds I would drop the hammer to cut a good light.

Like I said Gary is normally all mouth. Last thing I wanted to do was take off like a bat out of hell and have him just drive away normally just to have him say "He wanted to take it easy on the boss".

Our light turn green and I waited. Finally the Fire Chicken was moving with Gary Smiling at me! I Dropped the hammer, converter flashed and off the Cuda went! By the time Gary was across the intersection I was beside him. When I hit 45 MPH had him by a car and shut her down. 45 MPH was the speed limit anyway.

After we got the shop open I asked Gary where is the Baseball Bat?  :D

Few months later Gary was selling the Fire Bird and I bought it. Told me now you have a Man's Car! Told him no, it was a girl's car and my wife need a new car. :lol: Sue drove the car for years, bugged the heck out of Gary!

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

I am back

JB400

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! That hurt!!! :smilielol:

cudaken

OK, guess I will try to kick start this post again.

Car 1968 Road Runner

Year, 1969

Driver, my Mother!

When my Step Dad bought the 68 Road Runner he got by with it because he told Mon he was buying it for her! :D Yea Dad, Mon was not a Richard Petty Fan. :scratchchin: Only thing Mon knew about cars at that point was Dad uses to race stock cars. There is a key word, Stock She like the color of her new car. Thought the Road Runner cartoon on the door was cute and so was the Beep Beep Horn.

Dad did get a few extra options on the Road Runner, 727 column shift (yuck), deluxe interior with bench seat, AM Radio, 3:23 Sure Grip ( :2thumbs: on the sure grip), deluxe rear finishes panel and hubcaps? I sure could have lived with out the hubcaps! ;) Other than the fact it had fake hood scoops and it was a 2 door Road Runner, it was a pretty plain looking car.

One day when I was riding with Mom (around 13) we where at a stop light and a sweet looking 68 Road Runner pulled up beside us. It was White, Hood Scoop Black Out, Bucket Seats, Magnum Road Wheels and Chrome Exhaust Tips!  :drool5: Boy I wished Dad and ordered ours that way!  :coolgleamA:    

Other Road Runner was on Moms side. Driver rolled down the passenger side window and yelled over Is It Stock? Keyword again is Stock! Moms answer is No, it is not Stock, it came this way! :eek2:

I was so dam embarrassed I dam near crawled under the heater box! :eek2:  Guy in the cool Road Runner just smiled, light turn green and drove off. I am sure he was lol his ass off! Mom had no idea why I was embarrassed? To her the word Stock was a Stock Car like Dad use to races, so it meant Race Car.  :shruggy:

Have a few other Mom in the Road Runner stories for later. Mom did get a heavy foot as she got use to driving. Yep, Road Runner was her first car!

Cuda Ken
I am back

Cooter

Mopar story??

1988. Wrecked first car. 1967 Plymouth.
Bought 1965 Plymouth. Wrecked it by hitting my mother on Interstate in 1986 Caravan on way to college.
Fixed 1965. Built 340 with tunnel ram and raced local 'king sh*t on turd mtn" guy with 1968 chevelle in college.
Beat Chevelle guy.
Came back home with win under belt, made faithful mistake of trying out my brothers nearly stock 69 440 Charger R/T.
Got ass handed to me bad.
Blew up 340. Sold 65. Last small block I ever built.now only build 440s.
Watched brother sell off everything he has.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"