News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

defroster vent clips??

Started by jlatessa, May 29, 2013, 10:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlatessa

These for a 70 Charger, anyone make the retainer clips that hold
the vents in the top of the dash?

Tried a few from my local hardware with no success.

Thanks, Joe :shruggy:

Ghoste

I've seen them somewhere.  It's going to drive me nuts trying to remember now but I have seen them.  Penstar Reproductions maybe?

jlatessa

I'll look, thanks Ghoste....Joe :2thumbs:

jlatessa

Ghoste

I have to think about it some more.  I was sure I had just seen these at the Michigan swap meet this winter.

jlatessa

YAY, I found them...from CLIPLINK.COM
page 4 under "retainers" "push-on retainer for 1/4" stud, 17/32" O.D."

Had to buy 100 of them, but now I'm finally a member who can help
our group.

Anyone who needs some give me a holler and I'll send you what you need, gratis of course.

Joe

bull

Usually I obsess too much about stuff like this but when it came to the defroster tubes I decided to let it go. I just used zip ties.

DC_1

Quote from: jlatessa on May 29, 2013, 01:23:55 PM
YAY, I found them...from CLIPLINK.COM
page 4 under "retainers" "push-on retainer for 1/4" stud, 17/32" O.D."

Had to buy 100 of them, but now I'm finally a member who can help
our group.

Anyone who needs some give me a holler and I'll send you what you need, gratis of course.

Joe

Corrected the link  :2thumbs:

http://www.thecliplink.com/

Ghoste

Bull you can't use zip ties, think about it, it's just not right.  Everytime you drive that otherwise perfect car you are going to be worrying about those incorrect zip ties under the pristine dash.  You must change them.  :D

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2013, 09:22:35 AM
Bull you can't use zip ties, think about it, it's just not right.  Everytime you drive that otherwise perfect car you are going to be worrying about those incorrect zip ties under the pristine dash.  You must change them.  :D

Gotta be better than my electrical taped up hoses..... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T