News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1951 Desoto Custom Opinions?

Started by DadsCharger00, April 16, 2013, 11:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3721785810.html

So I talked to this guy about the car. Seems like a good deal. Haven't seen it yet. Think I can get it cheaper then he's asking. Depending on how much I like it...may try to flip it....Is there potential here? Or is it a waste of time? I don't know anything about the cars, but seems like a good opportunity. Says he bought it about 3 years ago. Doesn't seem to find any bondo on the car. *I'd check for that myself of course*  Just looking for some opinions...READY SET GO!

Daytona R/T SE

The grill teeth are worth more than the car. :Twocents:

Run away.

areibel

:iagree:

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on April 16, 2013, 11:36:40 AM
I don't know anything about the cars,

Bingo!  A two door, maybe.  A hot rod? maybe.  But this is just kind of an amateur resto and what's probably a tired six banger in a dolled up body. And why is it going to take another grand to get it running?  

Run fast.  Leave it for someone that wants to drive it, not try to squeeze a buck out of it.

68X426

Points for $1000? :o I'll do them for $900. :pity:

Run Forrest Run.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Dodgecharger74

used to have a 50 dodge very easy to spin a rod bearing a chunck of leather will fix it good as new Oh and I bought mine for $5.00 a very long time ago
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

JB400

I don't think there is much potential for flipping, but if you wanted it for yourself, it don't look bad.  I find it odd though the price jumps a grand just for putting in points, condenser, and a switch even though he has the parts.  There must be more to it than what he's mentioning.

Probably better if you pass on this one if you're just wanting to make a buck.

Tilar

I would go look at it. Check it out and see if it has any compression. If it does, file or sand the original points and hot wire it and see if it will start, with the agreement that if it runs you get it for the 3k and you get the parts he has. If it runs and drives I would think it would be worth 5k but on that same note, you're going to have to have someone that actually wants it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.