News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct Sound Deadener for a 'Bird

Started by maxwellwedge, April 15, 2013, 09:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Hi All

I have been asked by a fellow member regarding the original factory application of the sound deadener (also called undercoating) in the wheelhouse area for 'Bird.

Unlike Daytona's, Birds were more of an assembly line vehicle. The normal sound deadener procedure found on muscle era B-Bodies was also applicable to the Bird. This includes the rear wheelhouses as well as the front. The front also included spraying inside the fenders as well. The Daytona's got this while they were still un-converted Chargers.....but the new "Daytona" fenders Creative installed were never sprayed with sound deadener.

I took a few quick pics of my Bird with my phone....unfortunately with the front wheel still installed. Hope these help.  :cheers:

hemi68charger

Great pictures Jimbo !!!!  And, it's nice to know about the undercoating on the Daytonas.. I was always thinking that mine had it taken off, but alas, it was never there to begin with.........   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 15, 2013, 09:02:16 AM
Hi All

I have been asked by a fellow member regarding the original factory application of the sound deadener (also called undercoating) in the wheelhouse area for 'Bird.

Unlike Daytona's, Birds were more of an assembly line vehicle. The normal sound deadener procedure found on muscle era B-Bodies was also applicable to the Bird. This includes the rear wheelhouses as well as the front. The front also included spraying inside the fenders as well. The Daytona's got this while they were still un-converted Chargers.....but the new "Daytona" fenders Creative installed were never sprayed with sound deadener.

I took a few quick pics of my Bird with my phone....unfortunately with the front wheel still installed. Hope these help.  :cheers:
My dad has a car that looks exactly like that , I hope it will be mine one day   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on April 15, 2013, 09:25:26 AM
Great pictures Jimbo !!!!  And, it's nice to know about the undercoating on the Daytonas.. I was always thinking that mine had it taken off, but alas, it was never there to begin with.........   :2thumbs:

Yes AB - On the fenders themselves - not on a Daytona....but it should have it around the shock tower area....inner apron.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on April 15, 2013, 09:27:01 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 15, 2013, 09:02:16 AM
Hi All

I took a few quick pics of my Bird with my phone....unfortunately with the front wheel still installed. Hope these help.  :cheers:
My dad has a car that looks exactly like that , I hope it will be mine one day   :icon_smile_big:

What are the odds of that??  :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 15, 2013, 09:46:54 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on April 15, 2013, 09:25:26 AM

Yes AB - On the fenders themselves - not on a Daytona....but it should have it around the shock tower area....inner apron.

10/4....  That makes sense............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection