News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do we enjoy our cars?

Started by ws23rt, March 31, 2013, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

This is me. I wanted and got a hot mopar in 69. Fun to drive fun to trash. Fun to fix. Now they are harder to find and costly to fix. I spent many years of spare time fixing a few and have come to know that fixing them is much fun and satisfaction. A long term restoration completed gives more satisfaction than what we look forward to (driving it)
Not every one has the time or resources to restore these cars but many think they do. Life gets in the way. So my four cents worth (inflation) is if you are working on your own restoration your accomplishments will keep these cars alive and if you don't complete it no matter they are never complete.

70 sublime

Yes I feel the same way
I think 3/4 of the fun is working on the cars and getting back on the road again and the people you talk to along the way
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

nvrbdn

heck, if you think working on them is much of the best part, then we have lots of members that will let you have a blast on their cars. :smilielol:

ok, just funnin with ya.  and i agree,  when you tackle a big job, you sit back and look at what you just completed, it can be a huge feeling of satisfaction. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

projectanimal

I agree!!  We have 2 years into our project and we're not even close, but each little step is a party in the garage!     :2thumbs:    Got the wiring hooked up and the car started.... Crank the music!!!  :cheers:
We have also met some great people on line and in person while we hunt for the right parts without breaking the bank! Lately it's been great to work on the little things, like restoring the wiper motor or shining up some trim pieces, but each is a celebration for sure.  It will make the finished product 10 times better when we're laying Down rubber!!   :drool5: :cheers:
northwest CT

HANDM

Count me in on this too, restored the 69 and now it just sits

It was the 10 year journey rather than the destination I guess........

Fred

Very much!  I take it out at least twice a week and enjoy it to the max.  :2thumbs:

Restoring it and doing most of the work myself gave me great satisfaction but the ultimate feeling of euphoria is in the driving.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

When I did the rebuild on my car, I really enjoyed myself. It was the furthest I'd ever taken a car apart to that point. Before that, I had already performed engine swaps, body and paint and various mechanical work, but never all on the same car. The 68-70 Charger had been a goal of mine years back and when I started looking in eary 2000, I was actually looking for a '69 model. After getting the 70, i considered switching to a '69 front clip. That idea vanished as the 70 styling grew on me.
The car was "completed" in June of 2003 and I had a lot of fun in the first couple of years....THEN The car sat more and more. I later discovered that the journey to the end really was as satisfying as the destination. Since then I have gone back to the well and made some changes. I've added a stereo. I put in rear disc brakes, a Gear Vendors overdrive and made some changes to the suspension. Just when I feel the interest in the car slipping away, I think of something new to do to the car.

71charger

Hell if you want you can work on my car :rofl:
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

Plum Crazy 68

We are also preserving the automotive history.  So we are all historians in a way and will be looked back on by future generations.  You should enjoy the journey and hope that the cars will be taken care of by the next generation.

Wicked72

After dealing with the stress of being surrounded by psychos and murders at work all week its nice to dig into the charger. and after its done driving it will be my way out as well!!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Kern Dog

ottawamerc

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

myk

Quote from: HANDM on April 02, 2013, 01:09:31 AM

I got the body work done, the car painted, all electrics replaced, the interior re-done with ultra-comfortable aftermarket seats and now my car sits too.  I've become the very person that I've despised when it comes to cars, just letting it sit there. 

Guess I'll try to take it out tomorrow... :-\

Fred

Quote from: myk on April 07, 2013, 05:04:39 AM
Quote from: HANDM on April 02, 2013, 01:09:31 AM

I got the body work done, the car painted, all electrics replaced, the interior re-done with ultra-comfortable aftermarket seats and now my car sits too.  I've become the very person that I've despised when it comes to cars, just letting it sit there. 

Guess I'll try to take it out tomorrow... :-\

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......live your life today.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.