News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it possible to move the seat runners back or tilt the seat back more?

Started by K9COP, March 20, 2013, 07:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K9COP

I have a 1969 Charger 440 four speed, with what I assume is standard seats that tilt for entry to the rear. I'm 6'4" and it's a bit of a squeeze so I need to either move the seat rearwards on the runners, or cause the seatback to tilt backwards more..

Any ideas guys?

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

lasvegas69charg

I was thinking about the same thing by removing the rear seat spacers to allow the seat to lean backwards.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

green69rt

On mine, if you unbolt the seat from the floor you will see that there are three holes for each floor bolt in the seat rail (not the floor.)  My bolts are in the middle hole.  If you move the bolts to the front hole the seat will be able to move back another 1-1.5 inches.   The bolts look like they are pressed in and then tack welded in place so you may not want to go thru that much trouble.   Just one way to get a little extra leg room.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: green69rt on March 21, 2013, 01:46:29 PM
On mine, if you unbolt the seat from the floor you will see that there are three holes for each floor bolt in the seat rail (not the floor.)  My bolts are in the middle hole.  If you move the bolts to the front hole the seat will be able to move back another 1-1.5 inches.   The bolts look like they are pressed in and then tack welded in place so you may not want to go thru that much trouble.   Just one way to get a little extra leg room.

Beat me to it. I will add though. If you want you can (as suggested above ) reposition the spacers to suit you. Thats how they suggested it back in the day.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

K9COP

Cool. Thanks again guys. I'll have a look again and see what's going on. I'll keep you posted....

CS
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

twodko

Your car of course, but tilting the seat back would seem to put undue stress on the frame. Unless i misunderstand. I dunno.....doesn't sound good to me.   :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

hawkeye

Quote from: CaymanSublime on March 20, 2013, 07:50:02 PM
I have a 1969 Charger 440 four speed, with what I assume is standard seats that tilt for entry to the rear. I'm 6'4" and it's a bit of a squeeze so I need to either move the seat rearwards on the runners, or cause the seatback to tilt backwards more..

Any ideas guys?

CS
when it comes down to putting undue stress on either me or the seat frame, i vote for the seat.   :lol:

y3chargerrt

I added an extra set of seat spacers to my seat fronts to give them a bit more tilt.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!