News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back up and Running

Started by kent, February 15, 2023, 05:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kent

Glad to have you back up and running.  :2thumbs:
Kent

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70 sublime

Good to see it back up

Had to find my log in password  Glad I wrote it down someplace
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6pkrtse

1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

b5blue

hemi-hampton

Does this mean it will be easier to post Pictures now :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

Troy

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 15, 2023, 10:17:10 PMDoes this mean it will be easier to post Pictures now :scratchchin:  :shruggy:
Unlikely. All the changes and still no automatic image resizer.  :brickwall:

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd I have a good idea why people whine about it too as I recently switched to an iPhone and that POS has the capability of doing every photo editing trick imaginable except resizing.  ::) I'll play with whatever settings I can but I may need to add an extra "plugin" to help with the uploads.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi-hampton

It's not only resizing which is minor to me but then you can only post the pictures once or have to rename. I've had it say rename or already used on a pic i never posted or gave new name to? :brickwall:

Troy

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 16, 2023, 12:34:23 AMIt's not only resizing which is minor to me but then you can only post the pictures once or have to rename. I've had it say rename or already used on a pic i never posted or gave new name to? :brickwall:
That part is fixed. No more unique name filter and when there's an error in a post it saves it all so you can edit.

Troy

kent

Great to hear Troy. That part was kind of frustrating for sure. :2thumbs:

Clicking on the picture. makes it viewable.

Kent

dkn1997

Quote from: Troy on February 15, 2023, 11:33:07 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 15, 2023, 10:17:10 PMDoes this mean it will be easier to post Pictures now :scratchchin:  :shruggy:
Unlikely. All the changes and still no automatic image resizer.  :brickwall:

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd I have a good idea why people whine about it too as I recently switched to an iPhone and that POS has the capability of doing every photo editing trick imaginable except resizing.  ::) I'll play with whatever settings I can but I may need to add an extra "plugin" to help with the uploads.

Troy

This is likely old news to a lot of people but its relevent:

I'm also an iphone user.  I email the pictures to myself on my iphone.  It gives you the option for size when you go send. "medium" is what I've found works for this site.  Open your email from yourself and save the now resized pics. 
For my PC i usually drag pics into MS paint and resize.
RECHRGED

4cruzin

Awesome job Troy!  I'm sure it is no small undertaking!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

6.7Cummins

1968 Charger R/T 440/727

C500

Thanks Troy, good work. When you adding pics on a post using an iPhone, it gives you re-size options for the image as soon as you select the image. No need to re-size first.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Troy

Quote from: C500 on February 16, 2023, 04:39:46 PMThanks Troy, good work. When you adding pics on a post using an iPhone, it gives you re-size options for the image as soon as you select the image. No need to re-size first.
It does now or it did before? Because that seemed like a huge problem that most people couldn't overcome. Look in the help section to see all the threads.  :lol:  :lol:

Troy

C500

Quote from: Troy on February 16, 2023, 06:39:52 PM
Quote from: C500 on February 16, 2023, 04:39:46 PMThanks Troy, good work. When you adding pics on a post using an iPhone, it gives you re-size options for the image as soon as you select the image. No need to re-size first.
It does now or it did before? Because that seemed like a huge problem that most people couldn't overcome. Look in the help section to see all the threads.  :lol:  :lol:

Troy

On the old forum it could be done quite easily, but I tried it now, and there is no option to change the size after selecting the image on iPhone.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi-hampton

Being a Caveman I'm not on a iphone or anyphone. I'm still on my big widescreen Computer, which makes it easy to resize using photo shop. LEON.

P.S. Just tried to insert image & now I cant add picture without having a URL address? What the Hell, I never had to have a URL before? whats going on here?

hemi-hampton

Plus it's 10:50 pm here but post sez 1:50 am? What time zone are we in? China Time Zone?

hemi-hampton

cdr

Thanks for all your hard work Troy !!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi-hampton

I can't post a pic unless I'm replying to somebody :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

Troy

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 16, 2023, 08:50:16 PMBeing a Caveman I'm not on a iphone or anyphone. I'm still on my big widescreen Computer, which makes it easy to resize using photo shop. LEON.

P.S. Just tried to insert image & now I cant add picture without having a URL address? What the Hell, I never had to have a URL before? whats going on here?
I have no idea what you're doing. Make sure you open the attachment pane. You can use a file selector or even drag and drop the picture (from your hard drive not a web site or Facebook). Hit upload. That's it.

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 16, 2023, 08:51:39 PMPlus it's 10:50 pm here but post sez 1:50 am? What time zone are we in? China Time Zone?
The server is in Eastern time but I did notice that something must have reset the time offset (look in your profile). It seems like everyone is a few hours off. Mine seemed to think it was UTC.

Troy

birdsandbees

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 17, 2023, 12:32:57 AMI can't post a pic unless I'm replying to somebody :scratchchin:  :shruggy:
I was going nuts myself... just realized you have to hit REPLY at the bottom of the page to get the file download box, you can not use the "Quick Reply" box...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Homerr

Troy, is there a plugin that will randomize an image name upon upload?  Or at least add a randomized suffix to images?

You upload:

Charger.jpg

and it randomizes to:

Charger_234qvREFVEar3432fas.jpg

Troy

Quote from: Homerr on February 17, 2023, 12:34:50 PMTroy, is there a plugin that will randomize an image name upon upload?  Or at least add a randomized suffix to images?

You upload:

Charger.jpg

and it randomizes to:

Charger_234qvREFVEar3432fas.jpg

No? Well, I'm not sure why we'd need it. The duplicate name problem has gone away.

Having said that... the file name behind the scenes is a unique "hash" so it never duplicates. THIS is what caused me the problem all those years ago when people kept uploading the same picture hundreds of times because they wanted it to show up on every post and couldn't grasp the concept of an avatar. That's how the setting got turned on to block duplicate file names (then SMF changed their coding and removed the ability to change that setting back).

Troy