News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much longer will cash be around?

Started by RECHRGD, March 19, 2013, 06:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Just went to the post office to send off a package.  After giving the girl behind the counter a twenty dollar bill, she says "debit or credit".  She was embarrassed about it, but it got me to thinking......
13.53 @ 105.32

68X426

Two answers:

1) as long as there's dope, they'll be cash.

- or -

2) always, 'cause when the banks fail, all the plastic won't work, and it's back to cash.

;D

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

mauve66

you better have the cash on you when the banks fail or they'll tax YOUR money to cover THEIR losses :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

tan top

yep all these hitec ways to pay for stuff ,

how old was the girl behind the counter ?  

computers always crash &  power cuts happen too
cash will be around for along time  , i still pay cash for stuff if i can  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RECHRGD

Quote from: tan top on March 19, 2013, 06:52:22 PM

computers always crash &  power cuts happen too
cash will be around for along time  , i still pay cash for stuff if i can  :yesnod:

The girl wasn't a kid by any means.  I remember some time ago trying to get some food at a fast food place during a power outage.  Although they cooked with gas and could provide the product,  with the computers/cash registers down, they could not handle cash transactions.
13.53 @ 105.32

mauve66

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 19, 2013, 07:00:54 PM

cash will be around for along time  , i still pay cash for stuff if i can  :yesnod:

The girl wasn't a kid by any means.  I remember some time ago trying to get some food at a fast food place during a power outage.  Although they cooked with gas and could provide the product,  with the computers/cash registers down, they could not handle cash transactions.

but could they get you a "half dozen Mcnuggets" or did they just come in 6, 10 and 12 size..............................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

RECHRGD

Quote from: mauve66 on March 19, 2013, 07:02:49 PM

but could they get you a "half dozen Mcnuggets" or did they just come in 6, 10 and 12 size..............................................

Without their computer keys that showed pictures of product rather than numbers, they had no idea of what to charge or figure taxes and change......
13.53 @ 105.32

69rtse4spd

Quote from: RECHRGD on March 19, 2013, 07:10:23 PM

Without their computer keys that showed pictures of product rather than numbers, they had no idea of what to charge or figure taxes and change......

This is why kids still need to be taught how to do math with a pencil & paper & eraser.

Cooter

None of it will be around. Everybody will have to go back to trading sh*t for goods. Stuff like GOLD and sh*t, when the dollar ain't worth the paper it's printed on.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Don't say that. I bought a printer especially.  :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

stripedelete

I don't know when cash will disappear, but, I know taxation will drive it.  I hope I'm not around because at that point it's full-on big brother.  Every nickel you earn and spend will be tracked and ,therefore, taxed.  Nothing will be "under the table".  Much like the recent attempt to require businesses to 1099 every purchase regardless of the amount.

A383Wing

Quote from: stripedelete on March 19, 2013, 09:20:40 PM
I don't know when cash will disappear,..........

I do...it's now...because I don't have any

Bryan

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on March 19, 2013, 10:05:18 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on March 19, 2013, 09:20:40 PM
I don't know when cash will disappear,..........

I do...it's now...because I don't have any

Bryan

That makes two of us.  I'll go halves with you.    :lol:

JB400

I remember when cash was king.  Anymore, it seems like it's a hassle for people to keep up with.  They like those cards.  They don't have to carry around a large wallet or a checkbook.  I wouldn't  be surprised if there are people that don't even figure a checkbook anymore.  As long as they get an automatic paycheck and can have all their bills deducted from their account, they're happy.  But, where I'm at, banks are too greedy with their charges to the point that I don't want to deal in plastic.  I like being able to see first hand how much money I have.

polywideblock

nothing feels as good as a hand full of cash money,  cards just don't do it for me . take my pay out of the bank and put it in a wallet  ,now i know when I've got "insufficient funds" and its not a terrible surprise     :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Fred

Old Moparz

Cash will be around for a long time but I'm interested to see where "Bitcoin" or global electronic money will be in a few years. I didn't think paypal was something I'd like when I first saw it but now I prefer using it. This looks similar, but also riskier.

http://www.upworthy.com/one-man-destroys-the-need-for-paper-money-in-a-single-interview

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

Bitcoin (sign: BTC) is a decentralized digital currency based on an open-source, peer-to-peer internet protocol. It was introduced by a pseudonymous developer named Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009. Internationally, bitcoins can be exchanged by personal computer directly through a wallet file or a website without an intermediate financial institution. In trade, one bitcoin is subdivided into 100-million smaller units called satoshis, defined by eight decimal places.

Bitcoin does not operate like typical currencies: It has no central bank and it solely relies on an internet-based peer-to-peer network. The money supply is automated, limited, divided and scheduled and given to servers or "bitcoin miners" that verify bitcoin transactions and add them to an archived transaction log every 10 minutes. The log is authenticated by ECDSA digital signatures and verified by the intense process of bruteforcing SHA256 hash functions of varying difficulty by competing "bitcoin miners."

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

GOTWING

Heck i was in the grocery store the other day and saw that someone actually took the time to fill out a check. :eek2:

4cruzin

Weird I went to buy a lucky Lotto ticket the other day and tried to pay with my plastic card . . . . didn't happen . . . cash only!   :brickwall:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

JB400

I think checks are going by the way side.  Fill one out at Wal Mart, and all they do is give it back to you :brickwall:  Electronic banking for them. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 68X426 on March 19, 2013, 06:47:55 PM

as long as there's dope, they'll be cash.

Aint that the truth!

mauve66

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 20, 2013, 01:53:23 PM
Quote from: 68X426 on March 19, 2013, 06:47:55 PM

as long as there's dope, they'll be cash.

Aint that the truth!

that should just about cover my resotoration fees.........................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 20, 2013, 01:53:23 PM
Aint that the truth!

Is that a picture of your back room in your house where you bought that Ford GT thingy from? :nana:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mytur Binsdirti

Tilar

Just think of all the lap dances you could get with one stack of that.  :o
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Fred

Quote from: Tilar on March 21, 2013, 05:37:25 PM
Just think of all the lap dances you could get with one stack of that.  :o

Think of how many wives you could get through.   :icon_smile_big:

Tilar

lol, I had one that could have spent all that at one "Blue Light Special" at K-Mart.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Fred

:smilielol:  Oh well, better give it a miss then.

Cooter

Quote from: Tilar on March 21, 2013, 05:37:25 PM
Just think of all the lap dances you could get with one stack of that.  :o

SSHHHEEEEEOOOUUUGGHHT, if I had all that, The chicks would be paying ME to dance in MY face.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 19, 2013, 08:02:48 PM

cash will be around for along time  , i still pay cash for stuff if i can  :yesnod:

The girl wasn't a kid by any means.  I remember some time ago trying to get some food at a fast food place during a power outage.  Although they cooked with gas and could provide the product,  with the computers/cash registers down, they could not handle cash transactions.

This is why kids still need to be taught how to do math with a pencil & paper & eraser.

Very True.  Some college students can not calculate even simple math problems without using their phone apps.  To them, calculators are"too hard to use".  Sad reality on where we are headed........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Cooter

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on March 28, 2013, 10:07:31 AM
Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 19, 2013, 08:02:48 PM

The girl wasn't a kid by any means.  I remember some time ago trying to get some food at a fast food place during a power outage.  Although they cooked with gas and could provide the product,  with the computers/cash registers down, they could not handle cash transactions.

Very True.  Some college students can not calculate even simple math problems without using their phone apps.  To them, calculators are"too hard to use".  Sad reality on where we are headed........

Just watch some of them try to drive. Many today get their driving experience from "Test Drive 5" video games and the like. Very few if any, are taken out and shown how to drive a stck shift using grandpappy's/fathers car/truck anymore. Had one come in the shop the other day with the clutch blown clear out of his Like new Toyota truck. Kid "wondered" why it happened. I told him it "appeared" to be in-experience that caused the clutch to over heat and the pressure plate to crack in half. He looked at me with the dumest look and I knew right away who was at fault, and what had happened. This is what we are gonna have in the work force to support us ion the future.