News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake backing plates

Started by Paul 500, February 18, 2006, 08:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 500

Should the brake backing plates on the axle be painted black or are they natural. I've seen them both, i painted them black on my 68 R/T but i want to make sure i get them right on my 500.
What's right ?
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

ck1

after cleaning mine up good in the front I found no signs of paint, just grease and oil,  sooo i just painted mine cast iron gray, my restoration book that allot of people don't like sayes there either left unpainted or 30deg gloss black.........which i found it to be true on mine for they were unpainted, but I like the cast iron gray cause it looks like its unpainted....... i guess you could clear coat um for a more unpainted look......books say most were painted gloss black though and I bet allot of the 11" inch drum backing plates were black........
CJK

Paul 500

My front ones had no paint on them, so i painted them a metal colour. I did find a red oxide paint colour on the inside though.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500