News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PICS from Chrysler's on the Murray...........

Started by Fred, March 17, 2013, 08:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatbackFanatic

Great pics!!!!Looked like a beautiful day too. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Fred

Quote from: dyslexic teddybear on March 18, 2013, 06:15:36 PM
Great bunch of cars. :drool5:

Honestly, with the exception of 2.....

Would love to have any of them. Or all of them. Or any thing between 1 and all.

[sigh]....It's an addiction.

:lol:  I so know where you're coming from.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on March 18, 2013, 12:36:13 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 18, 2013, 04:53:55 AM
I was under the impression that all cars in Australia were supposed to be converted to RH drive?  I see both LH & RH drive cars.  :shruggy:
different states different laws N.S.W.where i live its just a mater of getting them roadworthy ,done that   :2thumbs: full rego left drive.

Same in Victoria.  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on March 18, 2013, 03:30:25 AM
Nice one Fred, always good to see whats happening over the deetch  :icon_smile_big:
The Petty Blue car is cool and a good lot of Vals  :2thumbs:
A guy I know has built 2 door VE Gasser for Beach Hop, neato

Yes Kelvin, the Valiants outnumbered the American muscle 5 to 1.

Chippa

Quote from: Fred on March 18, 2013, 09:13:41 PM
I was under the impression that all cars in Australia were supposed to be converted to RH drive?  I see both LH & RH drive cars.  :shruggy:
different states different laws N.S.W.where i live its just a mater of getting them roadworthy ,done that   :2thumbs: full rego left drive.

Same in WA WA Land  :2thumbs:         P.S well done Fred and thx  :yesnod:

Fred

Quote from: Chippa on March 19, 2013, 06:34:15 AM
Quote from: Fred on March 18, 2013, 09:13:41 PM

Same in WA WA Land  :2thumbs:         P.S well done Fred and thx  :yesnod:

No worries mate.    We were there on Sunday so I think we actually missed out on seeing a lot of the cars. I just checked  it out on the 60's muscle car web sight (they take event pics every year) and they've got pics of cars that I didn't see.   Next time I'll  have to go on the Saturday instead.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Fred

Quote from: 41husk on March 20, 2013, 08:45:36 AM
was hoping to see my old 68 but no luck.

I didn't see all of the cars there because I was there on Sunday and the bulk of the cars are there on Saturday.  PLus there were so many people there it was hard to take pics of some of the cars so I didn't.

If you go to the "60's American Muscle Car Club" website and click on event photos and then click on Chrysler's on the Murray you'll pretty much see pics of all the cars that were there.  You may yet spot it.

Darkman

It varies state by state. In South Australia, you can register any LHD vehicle as long as it is older than 30years AND restored back to ORIGINAL FACTORY CONDITION. Not my cup of tea as I want mods to mine so hence the conversion. Others just convert it for the safety and comfort of driving RHD
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Darkman on March 20, 2013, 07:09:52 PM
you can register any LHD vehicle as long as it is older than 30years
I don't get the point of that law. I had a 22 yo Firebird that would have had to be converted (at $15,000) to register, so i didn't bother.

Fred

Do you remember the days when you had to have > left hand drive < written on the rear window?

JB400

Is there any advantages/ disadvantages to having the steering wheel on either side?

Fred

You need to try driving a RHD vehicle where you are and you'll soon know the answer to that.

For starters when driving on a two lane black top, it's extremely difficult to overtake the car in front of you, if you need to get into the wrong lane in order to see if there's any on coming traffic.

remta1

..yep hearing yah , other cars tend not to give way knowing that you wont want to damage your baby  :brickwall:

polywideblock

Quote from: Fred on March 21, 2013, 10:41:22 PM
You need to try driving a RHD vehicle where you are and you'll soon know the answer to that.

For starters when driving on a two lane black top, it's extremely difficult to overtake the car in front of you, if you need to get into the wrong lane in order to see if there's any on coming traffic.
just takes balls  :2thumbs: , but even better take a spotter with you to "look " around trucks etc before overtaking .  have been driving a "lefty " for years now it's no major problem and you keep the car original

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

I guess most of your highways are 2 lane.  Most of ours have been converted to 4 in my area.  Any that are still 2 lane have wide shoulders.  I can see where semis would be a problem though.

polywideblock

Quote from: Fred on March 21, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
Do you remember the days when you had to have > left hand drive < written on the rear window?
had a 44 ford "jeep" back in the 80's had huge left drive on the Jerry can    :yesnod:  found it was easier to pass down the "parking" lane!  things were more relaxed back then. wouldn't try half the things we did  back in the day, young and foolish (on the foot path at one point  :eek2:  crazy times!)

Bob T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 21, 2013, 10:32:59 PM
Is there any advantages/ disadvantages to having the steering wheel on either side?

Yeah mate, it sucks going through the drive thru at Macca's in my Dodge  :lol:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: polywideblock on March 22, 2013, 03:22:58 AM
had a 44 ford "jeep" back in the 80's had huge left drive on the Jerry can    :yesnod:  found it was easier to pass down the "parking" lane!  things were more relaxed back then. wouldn't try half the things we did  back in the day, young and foolish (on the foot path at one point  :eek2:  crazy times!)

Definitely the good old days.  :icon_smile_big:  Just pure luck we survived them.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on March 22, 2013, 03:27:39 AM

:smilielol:

polywideblock

Quote from: Fred on March 22, 2013, 03:28:50 AM
Quote from: polywideblock on March 22, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

Definitely the good old days.  :icon_smile_big:  Just pure luck we survived them.
haven't "won "anything in yonks , i think i might have used up all my luck back then  :2thumbs:

JB400

Yeah mate, it sucks going through the drive thru at Macca's in my Dodge  :lol:
Only if your by yourself.  Otherwise, the passenger gets the tab while the driver holds the food. :icon_smile_big:

Bob T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 22, 2013, 03:34:23 AM

Yeah mate, it sucks going through the drive thru at Macca's in my Dodge  :lol:
Only if your by yourself.  Otherwise, the passenger gets the tab while the driver holds the food. :icon_smile_big:

Actually no, the passenger receives the food from the window operator and passes it across to the driver. Its a lefty in a right hand drive country  ;).

Also, when you give the old girl some gas on a roundabout the horizon rises as the the road camber declines to the drivers side and you lose sight of the other side of the road  :icon_smile_big:  Small price to pay though....
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

Quote from: Bob T on March 22, 2013, 03:39:38 AM

Only if your by yourself.  Otherwise, the passenger gets the tab while the driver holds the food. :icon_smile_big:

Actually no, the passenger receives the food from the window operator and passes it across to the driver. Its a lefty in a right hand drive country  ;).

Also, when you give the old girl some gas on a roundabout the horizon rises as the the road camber declines to the drivers side and you lose sight of the other side of the road  :icon_smile_big:  Small price to pay though....
I get it.  I'm not flopping everything over yet in my mind.  I need to stand on my head, then I might get it.

Fred

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 22, 2013, 03:45:06 AM
Quote from: Bob T on March 22, 2013, 03:39:38 AM

Only if your by yourself.  Otherwise, the passenger gets the tab while the driver holds the food. :icon_smile_big:

I get it.  I'm not flopping everything over yet in my mind.  I need to stand on my head, then I might get it.

Just come down under then you can absorb it all standing right way up.    :smilielol:   :smilielol: