News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why people here won't list their City and State

Started by ACUDANUT, March 17, 2013, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

It burns my rear when I want to try to help someone out, only to find they never listed where they are from.  It's not like we are asking for their address.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Old Tired Rebel

AKcharger

I'm scared someone will drive all the way up here to Alaska, dig my car out of 3 feet of snow then steal it!

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 17, 2013, 10:41:46 AM
It burns my rear when I want to try to help someone out, only to find they never listed where they are from.  It's not like we are asking for their address.
::) ::) ::) ::)  I'm scared you know where i live and work .   :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

All you have to do is ask :popcrn:  But, I do agree somewhat about watching what info you put on the web.

Challenger340

Very tough sometimes, especially these days, to know how much personal info is appropriate to post ?
just saying,
people have their reasons I guess ?

For myself, I have a Shop here on my Property, not uncommon to have $100K or more worth of Engines/Parts/Cylinder Heads on hand, nobody needs to know where I am, who don't have business here ? and I ain't looking for new Customers in my semi-retirement. :Twocents:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

nvrbdn

i got my area posted

<----------over there with my info. :yesnod:

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

kab69440

It doesn't bother me that much unless they have something posted for sale. If you are trying to sell something, especially a large, bulky pick-up item, city and state should be required for the post to display.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: nvrbdn on March 17, 2013, 02:40:00 PM
i got my area posted

Yep.

In my profile anyway...

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on March 17, 2013, 02:59:58 PM
Quote from: nvrbdn on March 17, 2013, 02:40:00 PM
i got my area posted

Yep.

In my profile anyway...
i've seen both of you and am to scared to ever try again  :rotz: :rotz:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mrsskip68

Mine says "stuck in the dam desert, with skip68!" Doesnt that explain it? Lol!  :shruggy:

ACUDANUT

Mytur Binsdirti

Tilar

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on March 17, 2013, 06:47:18 PM
I live in my own state of mind.
State of confusion?   :D

Mine is really easy. It's at the bottom of every post along with the current temp.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

A383Wing

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 17, 2013, 01:50:14 PM
All you have to do is ask :popcrn:  But, I do agree somewhat about watching what info you put on the web.

I agree...if ya wanna know where I am, just ask...

Bryan  (I'll tell ya I'm right in front of you)

A383Wing

Quote from: mrsskip68 on March 17, 2013, 06:20:29 PM
Mine says "stuck in the dam desert, with skip68!" Doesnt that explain it? Lol!  :shruggy:

we are very, very sorry

71ChallengeHer

Silver R/T

All that site Admin has to do is disable unregistered users to be able to go into your profile and look up your location/info. Lots of sites do that. I think we can trust each other here.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68X426

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 17, 2013, 06:39:15 PM
At the very least, just list your State.

State of Inebriation.

Before that I use to be bordering on the State of Confusion.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ACUDANUT

A user name listed with a State, does not give you anything personel.  :shruggy:

bull

We used to have a map on the old site that showed the general location of those who wanted to be listed on it. I used that feature a few times to ask for help when I was looking for a car in another state (which I now believe was a bad idea). At the time it helped me find a member near to where a '68 Charger was for sale and he and a friend of his from moparts went and checked it out for me. It saved me a trip to Michigan because the car was not nearly as awesome as it was portrayed.

GOTWING

i live in the first town in the first state.. :nana:

resq302

Due to the field of work I am in, I only like to put a general area out there.  You hear and read the strangest stories where I work and the publications specifically for law enforcement.   :rotz:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ODZKing

Putting your city and state in your profile is MINIMAL compared to what else is out on the internet.  You'd be surprised how much info someone can find by just using search engines.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 19, 2013, 06:43:32 PM
A user name listed with a State, does not give you anything personel.  :shruggy:

People..

Cooter

Quote from: ODZKing on March 20, 2013, 10:55:27 AM
Putting your city and state in your profile is MINIMAL compared to what else is out on the internet.  You'd be surprised how much info someone can find by just using search engines.

Anybody, anywhere, can be found. There's more info about your personal life due to online transactions than posting a location. I welcome all to where I live.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Do a person search on the net and they will tell you what neighborhood that person is in.  Some will even give you phone numbers.  Then when you flip a dollar or two towards to the website, you get anything you ever wanted to know.  It's hard to keep secrets anymore, even for those that are offline.

A383Wing

OK, here I am, house & garage.....happy now?

Bryan

ACUDANUT

True, but you would have to have their full name with City and State to do this.  A screen user name with just a State, doesn't give any personal info.  Just my 2 cents.  I guess I am not as paranoid as some. No big deal. To each their own.  Cheers.